Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi Debutes The New Allroad Twins (A6 & A4)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Audi Debutes The New Allroad Twins (A6 & A4)

I liked the first iteration of the Allroad. Definitely a slept on car.

Audi has introduced the A6 allroad. Based on the current A6 Avant's platform, the new A6 allroad shares the same standard off-road styling cues but packs more performance and has better fuel efficiency than its predecessors.Like its smaller sibling, the new A6 allroad looks the business, from the widened wheel arches to its raised ride height, and boasts an exclusive new color called Java Braun.

Stainless steel protects the underbody at the front and rear and the exhaust system ends in two large, flattened tailpipes; 18-inch five-arm alloys come as standard.Under the hood buyers get a choice of one TFSI gasoline engine and three 3.0-liter V6 TDI diesel engines.The 3.0-liter TFSI produces 310hp and 325lb-ft of torque, and can accelerate from 0-60mph in 5.9 seconds en route to an electronically-limited top speed of 155mph.Three 3.0-liter TDI variants produce 204hp and 331lb-ft; 245hp and 428lb-ft; and 313hp and 479lb-ft of torque.

The most powerful of the TDIs can shift the A6 allroad from 0-62mph in 5.6 seconds with a similarly regulated 155mph top speed, and is mated to a fast-shifting eight-speed tiptronic transmission. The other three are paired with the seven-speed S tronic, a sporty dual-clutch transmission.Chassis features includes new electromechanical power steering that automatically adjusts with the car's speed and the Audi drive select system. This allows the driver to vary the function of things such as the steering, gas pedal, air suspension and automatic transmission.

Adaptive air suspension lowers the body by 15mm at high speed and raises it by 35mm at the push of a button; at low speeds a lift mode provides an additional 10mm to handle rough or irregular terrain.A Santos Brown interior with optional aluminum inlays complements a black instrument panel while subtle LED lights provide ambient lighting. Other interior highlights include a panoramic glass roof, touchscreen MMI Navigation, a power retractable eight-inch monitor and a Bang & Olufsen sound system with 15 speakers. The new Audi A6 allroad Quattro will be hitting German showrooms this spring, with the 204hp 3.0-liter TDI priced at 54,600 Euros.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Audi has noted the struggling sales figures for the A4 Avant and the German automaker has decided that it was finally time to swing the axe on the failing model.The A4 Avant will be replaced by the A4 Allroad, which has just made its official debut at the 2012 North American International Auto Show.The 2013 A4 Allroad marks the name's return to the U.S. market after being on hiatus since 2005.

The bigger A4 Allroad differentiates itself from the Avant in several ways and it is bigger, wider, and longer and has more ground clearance. It runs on a turbocharged 2.0-liter gasoline engine with an output of 211hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. It is paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission which transfers power to all four wheels via Audi's quattro system.The new wagon features stainless-steel side sills and skid plates, matted-finished bumpers and wheel arches, aluminum-optic roof rails and a single frame grille with chrome vertical struts. It sits on a set of standard 18-inch wheels while optional 19-inch ones are also made available.

more at CarBuzz:

Photo Shoot of the First McLarens in America

Special Edition Audi S5 Coupe Marks End of V8 Powe...

Ford F-250 Super Duty Diesel Truck Turned Bootmobi...

add comment

add comment

add comment

Old 01-19-2012, 10:00 AM
I concur. I think between the A4 Allroad and Q5 - more people are going to lean in direction of the Q.
But we'll see. I doubt Audi has very high sales projection figures for the variant.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Blake P has a spectacular aura aboutBlake P has a spectacular aura about
I don't understand Audi's decision to axe the regular A4 avant in favor of the allroad. If they thought sales were bad with the sexy avant, I can guarantee they'll only get worse with the ugly allroad! They totally **** the bed with this one...

Old 01-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Pretty simple market analysis decision actually.
A quick study will tell you American's do not like wagons.
They tolerate crossovers and love SUVs.

So, ditch the wagon. Make it a muscular looking crossover'ish thing with SUV like intentions, but do not call it a wagon.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:34 AM
saeyedoc will become famous soon enoughsaeyedoc will become famous soon enough
We had an Allroad until my oldest daughter totalled it 4 days after she got her license in 2007. It was my wife's car, she loved it.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Blake P has a spectacular aura aboutBlake P has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Heist
Pretty simple market analysis decision actually.
A quick study will tell you American's do not like wagons.
They tolerate crossovers and love SUVs.

So, ditch the wagon. Make it a muscular looking crossover'ish thing with SUV like intentions, but do not call it a wagon.
I understand what you're saying, but disagree and bet the A4 allroad sells fewer units than the regular avant.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:11 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
the problem is that americans (still) hate wagons but love SUVs, so these crossovers are probably a wise move!

Old 01-21-2012, 05:14 PM
TheSandeman is on a distinguished road
very excited for these

Old 01-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Former Vendor
CharlesAfter will become famous soon enough
I'm excited too, I loved the previous gen C5 allroad.