Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Red Devil
I test drove the regular A8 b/f getting the 545 and found the Audi not "sporting" enough for me. The Turbo stays no matter what.
I hear you. Nice Avatar.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Rave TT
I hear you. Nice Avatar.
I still haven't figured out why mine won't "jump" like yours. The original file does. Oh well. I saw an S8 at the Sands Point Preserve/Museum on Sunday and will head over to Huntington Audi today to check one out that is being delivered this week. I need to make friends with one of these people and get behind their wheel!

Old 11-23-2006, 09:29 PM
ThatOneGuy is on a distinguished road
I saw one today at the SF autoshow. It's really sexy. If it were my money, I'd much prefer the S8 to Mercedes or BMW's offerings.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:44 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Drove an S8 last night and it was stunning!

Old 11-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Drove an S8 last night and it was stunning!
How was the steering feel? The biggest disappointment I thought on the regular A8 was it felt overboosted. I'm sure the engine and suspension were good.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
How was the steering feel? The biggest disappointment I thought on the regular A8 was it felt overboosted. I'm sure the engine and suspension were good.
I guess it is but I don't mind that, I did not want a sports sedan (M5), I wanted a BIG, really nice, smoothfast car for that I think the W12 is perfect.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:13 PM
metalevon will become famous soon enoughmetalevon will become famous soon enough
my dad just placed his order...loaded it up with B&O sound, carbon fiber, black and grey two tone seats black headliner, the new ipod interface, and special order color. after two years of car shopping he commited. my dad has never been so excited for any material object in his life...by that and that alone it should be one hell of a car.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:19 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Red Devil, the steering feel was Audi-esque to say the least. I don't mind it as much because My Pheaton has the same. The engine was beautiful, not as powerfull as an M5 but it suits the car perfectly. The suspension was set for the "dynamic" setting and it was pretty good and complient. The demo that I drove has the carbon/ceramic brakes and those felt great.

I'll drive it on the track next week and i'll give you my impression on it. Audi is doing an "S" event where they braught out all the S models to test. No RS4 though but the R8 will be displayed there.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Happy Now?
Originally Posted by metalevon
my dad just placed his order...loaded it up with B&O sound, carbon fiber, black and grey two tone seats black headliner, the new ipod interface, and special order color. after two years of car shopping he commited. my dad has never been so excited for any material object in his life...by that and that alone it should be one hell of a car.
Your dad must be a serious audiophile that B&O option is seriously expense, good luck with the great car.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by Rave TT
I guess it is but I don't mind that, I did not want a sports sedan (M5), I wanted a BIG, really nice, smoothfast car for that I think the W12 is perfect.
Your car didn't feel as overboosted as the regular A8 did to me. I don't think even the S8 with have BMW-level crispness but I'd be OK with that so long as it all felt right together. Eventually I'll get behind the wheel of an S8 and would even consider the S6 know that I know it has a nice V10 as well.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Happy Now?
Your car didn't feel as overboosted as the regular A8 did to me. I don't think even the S8 with have BMW-level crispness but I'd be OK with that so long as it all felt right together. Eventually I'll get behind the wheel of an S8 and would even consider the S6 know that I know it has a nice V10 as well.
I wonder if they are going to make an RS6 for the USA?
It was really nice seeing you guys again.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:56 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Rave, yes Audi will bring the next gen RS6 to the states, but probably not until late 2007 as a 2008 model.

As far as the S8 is concerned, I just picked mine up yesterday afternoon.
All I can say is that I am very impressed at how the car feels, drives, handles and moves despite it being a pig.
No its not as sporty as the Bimmer's but hey i dont like Bimmers so I am OK with that, I wanted a smooth, luxurious sedan that hauls *** decently and has a growl from the engine when you nail it. Steering felt ALOT better with the suspension set at dynamic.
As far as the B&O system, i looked at another S8 and it didnt have it and I was like "big deal" nothing wrong with the stock Bose system, how much better can the B&O sound ,right?

OMFG, that system is out of this world GREAT, makes you want to turn up the volume higher even during the commercial breaks, its that GOOD.
Anyway I am very very very happy with the S8 as it does everything in a poignant way but not in a snobby, stuffy way.

bajo

Old 11-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Rave, yes Audi will bring the next gen RS6 to the states, but probably not until late 2007 as a 2008 model.

As far as the S8 is concerned, I just picked mine up yesterday afternoon.
All I can say is that I am very impressed at how the car feels, drives, handles and moves despite it being a pig.
No its not as sporty as the Bimmer's but hey i dont like Bimmers so I am OK with that, I wanted a smooth, luxurious sedan that hauls *** decently and has a growl from the engine when you nail it. Steering felt ALOT better with the suspension set at dynamic.
As far as the B&O system, i looked at another S8 and it didnt have it and I was like "big deal" nothing wrong with the stock Bose system, how much better can the B&O sound ,right?

OMFG, that system is out of this world GREAT, makes you want to turn up the volume higher even during the commercial breaks, its that GOOD.
Anyway I am very very very happy with the S8 as it does everything in a poignant way but not in a snobby, stuffy way.

bajo
Bajo - where are the pics???

I love the S8 - I'd take one over the S65, Conti GT/Spur, etc. It's just so classy, so discreet...

Old 11-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Happy Now?
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Bajo - where are the pics???

I love the S8 - I'd take one over the S65, Conti GT/Spur, etc. It's just so classy, so discreet...
Werd, lets see some pictures, S8 looks sharp.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:09 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
BB, damn, congrats on the S8...hell of a car...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.