Sponsored By:

S8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Denstoyz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Bajo - where are the pics???

I love the S8 - I'd take one over the S65, Conti GT/Spur, etc. It's just so classy, so discreet...
Are you serious? You would take the S8 over the S65? Holy ****! I really want the S65 but I am not paying no $190k for it so I am seriously considering the S8 but if it was dollar for dollar... the S65 in a heartbeat! Sorry but 604hp and 715tq is too much to just blow off!

I still havent seen the S8 in person - hopefully it will be at the LA Auto Show when I go next week - love to see pics of BBGT2's! I want to hear that B&O system too! I hear its worth the extra $$$!

Congrats on the purchase!

Old 11-29-2006, 01:40 PM
emissary will become famous soon enough
My local dealer has an S8 on their showroom floor -- it's an incredible looking sedan (especially in darker colors). I assume S8s are selling for MSRP???

Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Thanks guys. I will post pics as soon as I get some time.
I thought about getting ths S65, but its way too "soft" if you know what I mean, no doubts the 65 motor is a power house. My bro had a CL65 and the engines are just sick in the amount of power they produce, its just that a Benz is I duhno how to say it, coddles way too much, its so isolated. I wanted something a little bit more sportier without going the full tilt M5 route, and you cant beat Quattro for everyday fun.

Bajo

Old 11-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Thanks guys. I will post pics as soon as I get some time.
I thought about getting ths S65, but its way too "soft" if you know what I mean, no doubts the 65 motor is a power house. My bro had a CL65 and the engines are just sick in the amount of power they produce, its just that a Benz is I duhno how to say it, coddles way too much, its so isolated. I wanted something a little bit more sportier without going the full tilt M5 route, and you cant beat Quattro for everyday fun.

Bajo
Amen, brother...

The S65 is just a big horsepower wagon - there is no finesse there, just a big badge advertising how much stick you're wielding. The S8 is very understated....

Bajo - what color did you get? I have seen one in person in Phantom Black and it was INCREDIBLE. Words do not describe the car in person. Much presence...

Old 11-30-2006, 01:22 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Amen, brother...

The S65 is just a big horsepower wagon - there is no finesse there, just a big badge advertising how much stick you're wielding. The S8 is very understated....

Bajo - what color did you get? I have seen one in person in Phantom Black and it was INCREDIBLE. Words do not describe the car in person. Much presence...
I seen 3 actually before deciding on the one I got, a Phantom Black, Midnight Blue Pearl, Daytona Gray.
I chose the Daytona as it caught my eye more than the other 2, the black is pure sex when its clean but after this 997TT I swore no more black for me EVER. The blue was different, very different as it looked like it couldnt make up its mind whether it was black or blue, LOL.
The Daytona Gray is one of the nicest colors I have seen from Audi, my other favorite was on my 1st RS6, the Mugello Blue very very sharp color.

Dont get me wrong about the Benz's they are awesome, esp. with the 65 motors, AMG is a powerhouse for sure. And the new S class is the sharpest chassis from them to date, its just as a overall package, the motor doesnt match the chassis. Kinda reminds me of the old muscle car era Dodge Coronet's that would have a Hemi or a 440-Six Pack that your Dad drove everyday and you could steal it at night and do 11's in the 1/4 mile.
Very fast cars, I just wanted to be able to drive mine any day regardless of weather and I have been a fan of Audi since I started to drive.

Bajo

PS. Rave sorry man, I didnt mean to H/J your thread with my stories and will post pics of the S8 soon. And I gotta say again, I LOVE your avatar, makes me smile everytime i see a post by you.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:19 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
I love the S8, but with all due respect, I would have to go S65 if $ weren't an issue. Nothing wrong with an S8 stable-mate (again, if $ weren't an issue).

Get some pictures up Bajo. Congrats on the S8!

Old 11-30-2006, 05:34 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Bajo - Daytona Gray would be my pick, too, and for the same reason. Black cars are pure sex, but too much of a PITA to keep clean. I had a Dolphin Gray S4 before. The Daytona shade is nice because it has a hint of purple in it... It looked good on the previous generation RS6. PICS PICS PICS!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Good to see you too, Ron. Glad you haven't mellowed too much (maybe the medication?). Bill will be sure to call you if his boy needs a sitter . Does anyone know if the S8 is available in all the A8 colors or limited? The salesman I talk to said they will be bringing the RS6 here probably late next year or so and in the neighborhood of 550 HP. Now my goal is to get some seat time in an S6 as well as the S8 by the end of the summer. As much as I'd like it for me, the RS6 might be too extreme for a DD that will also see use by my wife/kids and winter driving. Now let's see some pictures for those of you with cars.

PS: I accept your apology Bajo for hijacking MY thread!

Old 12-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Red Devil

PS: I accept your apology Bajo for hijacking MY thread!

I am doubly sorry now, but both your avatars are so damn hypnotic i got you fellas mixed up.

Rep points to you for my f**k up !

Old 12-01-2006, 05:27 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Out here in the ROW they are only available in Black, Grey and Silver. two choices of wheels as well. I'll take pictures Saterday during the Audi S day at the track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.