Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wheel suggestions RS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Okay this is going to take some talking.
First how many of you guys out there giving advise have an RS4?
I own an RS4. The stock wheels are okay but not the best you can do.
Here is my RS4
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneyd...iRS4AndTheGang
These wheels are HRE A40. They are brand new. They are 19x9.5 all around and weigh 21 lbs. each. They are one piece (monobloc) forged aluminum wheels.
Due to the exact HRE custom design and off set I am running 285/30/19 tires all around. NO RS4 has ever run this tire size!! No rub, no nothing, it is perfect. This takes an excellent wheel company like HRE.
Other wheels discussed in this thread are crap compared to these wheels.

Specifically Benjamin Choi your comment about poor design of the HRE wheel is dead wrong. You have no idea of wheel design. Take it up w/ HRE!
The Work wheel is a cast product and is crap.

My RS4 looks awesome w/ the 285/30/19. The pics do not show how nuts these tires look on the car. The car looks so stout!!!

I believe that 20" set up on this car is a mistake. This HRE A40 since the spokes goes to the periphery, it makes the wheels look so much larger.

Bottom line you guys spend your money where you want but from all the wheels discussed on this thread you guys are pissing your money away.
A forged one piece aluminum weighing 21 lbs. come on tell me whats better.
Go ahead waste your money.

GT3Ranger

Old 02-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
how about dymags? i've seen them on RS4 not too long ago and it looked great!

Old 02-10-2008, 10:56 PM
FooFighterRS4 is on a distinguished road
GT3Ranger

Those HRE's look great!!!. I think HRE's are great wheels as far as strength and construction. I'm not too fond of the newer designs looks wise but that is my personal opinion. I didn't know HRE had monoblocks that had RS4 fitments.

I've always liked BBS LM's and Volk ME's. I think Champion might makes wheels for Audis that are worth looking at too but I can't seem to find them anymore.

Last edited by FooFighterRS4; 02-10-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:17 PM
james6290 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Okay this is going to take some talking.
First how many of you guys out there giving advise have an RS4?
I own an RS4. The stock wheels are okay but not the best you can do.
Here is my RS4
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneyd...iRS4AndTheGang
These wheels are HRE A40. They are brand new. They are 19x9.5 all around and weigh 21 lbs. each. They are one piece (monobloc) forged aluminum wheels.
Due to the exact HRE custom design and off set I am running 285/30/19 tires all around. NO RS4 has ever run this tire size!! No rub, no nothing, it is perfect. This takes an excellent wheel company like HRE.
Other wheels discussed in this thread are crap compared to these wheels.

Specifically Benjamin Choi your comment about poor design of the HRE wheel is dead wrong. You have no idea of wheel design. Take it up w/ HRE!
The Work wheel is a cast product and is crap.

My RS4 looks awesome w/ the 285/30/19. The pics do not show how nuts these tires look on the car. The car looks so stout!!!

I believe that 20" set up on this car is a mistake. This HRE A40 since the spokes goes to the periphery, it makes the wheels look so much larger.

Bottom line you guys spend your money where you want but from all the wheels discussed on this thread you guys are pissing your money away.
A forged one piece aluminum weighing 21 lbs. come on tell me whats better.
Go ahead waste your money.

GT3Ranger
Listen to this man, he knows his stuff. The stock wheels do look great (as far as stock wheels go, but depending on the color of your car/driving style/local roads, a set of aftermarkets may do you some good. Yellow and black wheels look good, I would go with black or dark gray for a black car-same goes with gray, for a silver car, I would go with silver wheels and white with black wheels always looks good. But seriously, listen to him ^^^.

One more thing, I' sure you already know this but whatever you do, don't go staggered!

Old 02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
BPerformance is on a distinguished road
your wheels look good, but like everyone says it is about personal preference and also where you are driving your car. 20" HRE's did not change the ride quality at all on the RS since the new quattro system is so good. IT also fills the wheel wells nicer.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
The HRE Monobloks are available in 19 and 20" for the RS4, the available styles are the M40, M43, and M45

http://wheelexperts.com/wheels/hre/l...seriesmonoblok

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 02-12-2008, 02:01 PM
mchctsV will become famous soon enough
20 looks good on this car its all about preference, i say unless your going to track the car then get 19s if not 20's they will look sick

Old 02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
DynamicMotoring is on a distinguished road
I would say Monoblock like GT3Ranger or 543R.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
GT3Ranger
I guess Im not the only one who was thinking this!

Old 02-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
DynamicMotoring great minds think alike.

You can't go wrong w/ these HRE monoblok wheels. They're light (21 lbs), one piece forged aluminum.

Above all the price is right. They come in a brushed aluminum finish. I had them powdercoated in satin black.

Cheers,
GT3Ranger

Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor
HRE Wheels is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
the prob with audi's quattro for me is that it's next to impossible if you truly want a dish wheel that fits.

HREs also vibrate in the rain which is absolutely poor engineering.

i'd get a set of BBS CHs like Ill said or maybe some OZ Superleggera IIIs.

otherwise, everything else is kinda.. non-motorsport if that makes sense

Let me clear a few things up. The reverse drop center rim design is not exclusive to HRE wheels, nor is it designed by HRE. Any 3-piece wheel that uses the same parts as HRE (as most of our competitors do) will have this exact problem. I agree that the design can be improved, but at a huge investment. Standard wheels (non-R and competition series), and the monobloks will not have this problem, as they do not have the well in the center of the wheel to collect water during rain driving.

With our 840R/590R/890R series wheels, we can get 2.5" lips on this car. With the 790R/940R series, we can get 3" lips. 540/540R/C-series wheels will most likely be 1.5" lips.

here are some RS4 photos (this is all i have right now):

Attached Images   

Last edited by HRE Wheels; 02-14-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:25 AM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Originally Posted by HRE Wheels
Let me clear a few things up. The reverse drop center rim design is not exclusive to HRE wheels, nor is it designed by HRE. Any 3-piece wheel that uses the same parts as HRE (as most of our competitors do) will have this exact problem. I agree that the design can be improved, but at a huge investment. Standard wheels (non-R and competition series), and the monobloks will not have this problem, as they do not have the well in the center of the wheel to collect water during rain driving.

With our 840R/590R/890R series wheels, we can get 2.5" lips on this car. With the 790R/940R series, we can get 3" lips. 540/540R/C-series wheels will most likely be 1.5" lips.

here are some RS4 photos (this is all i have right now):
So the non monobloks do vibrate in the rain? Can you help us understand why this is caused? This is the first time I've heard this...

Old 02-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor
HRE Wheels is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by speedappeal
So the non monobloks do vibrate in the rain? Can you help us understand why this is caused? This is the first time I've heard this...

Any "R" series wheel has the drop-center towards the inside of the wheel. This creates a trough between the drop center and the face of the wheel. I have personally never felt the vibration, but we don't get that much rain here in Southern California. It depends on what speed you are at, and how much it is raining, but a vibration is definitely possible. this trough can fill up with water and throw the wheel out of balance...it only takes a little bit of water.

Last edited by HRE Wheels; 02-14-2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-14-2008, 04:01 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Are you talking about where the spoke meets the rim? I see that the end of the spoke practically lays on the rim, rather than where you see the bolts. If it were to meet where you guys put the bolts, would it prevent the rain vibration? Is the vibration fierce enough to throw the alignment off?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by speedappeal
Are you talking about where the spoke meets the rim? I see that the end of the spoke practically lays on the rim, rather than where you see the bolts. If it were to meet where you guys put the bolts, would it prevent the rain vibration? Is the vibration fierce enough to throw the alignment off?
The trough is behind the face of the wheel, between the back lip and the spokes. The vibration isnt insane, but depending on the car, how much water has accumulated, and speed, the amount of vibration varies. Can be a little shake or can feel like someone put the wheel weights in the wrong place.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel suggestions RS4