Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

WTB: Sporty SUV as daily driver (SoCal)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
WTB: Sporty SUV as daily driver (SoCal)

Hey guys,
I'm getting rid of my BAT (Big *** Truck) as my daily driver since it's going off lease next month. I'm trying to decide on a new daily.

I'd like to spend in the low to mid thirties (buying outright) and it needs to be fun to drive, doesn't need third row (no kiddies), needs to be able to tow/haul for bike trailers and moto-totes, etc... Very slightly used is my preference (still under warranty if possible)...

I'm looking at 2006+ Infiniti FX35's, 2005 Range Rover HSE's (good prices out there), considering Cayenne but a little pricey or no warranty left on older ones in the price range. I'd like to have something almost new if possible which is pushing me towards the Infiniti or Acura MDX's... I also am considering Grand Cherokee SRT8 if the deal is right. Gas is a bit of an issue but not a deal breaker...

Any thoughts are appreciated-I'm still pretty open at this point and don't *need to have a daily right away as I have the 996TT.

If anybody has anything interesting, let me know, thanks!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
Escalade EXT. No need for the moto-tote! DO IT!

Old 01-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
Escalade EXT. No need for the moto-tote! DO IT!
Haha, big pimpin. I like those but I'm trying to get away from the BAT's!!!

I want something that I can carve around in b/c my Tundra tires are totally bald on the edges and burning up from flying around in that thing! It is fun to peel out halfway down the street in the rain and go sideways, however...

People thought I was crazy when I added sway bars to my truck but I swear that I put them to good use!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Jason A is on a distinguished road
Cant go wrong with a Cayenne just get an extended Warrenty....... Let me know if you need Auction Prices

Old 01-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
What about a RRSport Supercharged?

Old 01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
How about an x5?

Old 01-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm looking into the X5's but they may again be a bit out of my price range in the more recent years. Plus, I love the newest body style but it's still a bit too expensive for my current budget.

The RR Sport is beautiful but pricey and unreliable based on what I've seen and heard. I'd take one under warranty but not want something too used....

Old 01-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jason A
Cant go wrong with a Cayenne just get an extended Warrenty....... Let me know if you need Auction Prices
Thanks, Jason! I may take you up on that offer in the future depending on what I decide to purchase...

Old 01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
uberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond repute
there is a guy on this forum from Pasadena giving a great deal on a G500. it's in the for sale section...

Old 01-29-2008, 04:42 PM
I saw that G but it's a little overkill for my needs...thanks, however!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:50 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Throw out the idea of an SRT8, because of the exhaust setup you need a special hitch, which doesn't have very good towing capabilities. For mid (or upper $30,000 range, if you can stretch it) I'd look at getting an X5 4.4. See what your local dealers have in their used lot. You might be able to find a well optioned one with a tow package for just under $40,000. Those cars are fun to drive, comfortable, and pretty utilitarian.

Or, grab a low mileage MDX, maybe a lease return or something?

Old 01-29-2008, 05:06 PM
pattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the rough
X5, Cayenne, G-Wagon?

Old 01-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Throw out the idea of an SRT8, because of the exhaust setup you need a special hitch, which doesn't have very good towing capabilities. For mid (or upper $30,000 range, if you can stretch it) I'd look at getting an X5 4.4. See what your local dealers have in their used lot. You might be able to find a well optioned one with a tow package for just under $40,000. Those cars are fun to drive, comfortable, and pretty utilitarian.

Or, grab a low mileage MDX, maybe a lease return or something?
Interesting point on the SRT8. The manual and dealer told me that it still tows about 5,000 lbs. (which is enough for my needs) but with a different hitch. However, I want to run a moto-tote which may not work well with the SRT8 given the center mount exhausts... I'd want to confirm this before buying but DAMN, that was a fun SUV to cruise around in... I took one for a test drive and fell in love until I watched the gas gauge whimper into the depths each time I stabbed the throttle...

Thanks for your input!

Old 01-29-2008, 10:18 PM
jamheg1101 is on a distinguished road
How big of a trailer do you plan on towing. If it is a only a 10 or 12ft enclosed you will still be fine with the srt8.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:44 PM
LeNoah is on a distinguished road
We had an X5 for 5 years. It was a great car, handled surprisingly well for an SUV. We go to Arrowhead several times a year and it was always the perfect vehicle for the trip. Wife missed her old e39 5 series sedan so we got her a 530xit to replace the X5. It too is a great handling cargo hauler.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB: Sporty SUV as daily driver (SoCal)