Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS Lotus Esprit V8 Red/Tan-Stunning Condition!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:10 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
FS Lotus Esprit V8 Red/Tan-Stunning Condition!

Year: 2002
Make: Lotus
Model: Esprit
Price: $44495
Mileage: 21500
Color: Ardent Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TN
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

2002 was the 25th anniversary of the Esprit and was the only numbered series in recent memory that Lotus produced (this is #79 of only 100 imported into the US that year). A true supercar, less than 10,000 were built for the world market during its 28 year run. By comparison, Ferrari builds 5,000 cars per year. In my 6 years of ownership, I have never once met another on the road while driving mine. It is a very rare car indeed, so be prepared for thumbs up, camera phones, and many questions. I am the second owner, having purchased it in '04 with 2k miles showing from Fox Valley Lotus/Lamborghini of Chicago. I live in and the car can currently be viewed in Jackson, TN which is one hour from Memphis. This car has had a very easy life as I am a very conservative driver. It has never been tracked or even done one launch burn out. It is extremely reliable for an exotic car or any other-not unlike the 911, after 25 years of making the same model Lotus has had plenty of time to sort out all the problem areas and the result was a very well made and reliable car. I am also a very meticulous owner and it has always been garaged at home or under cover at the office. This vehicle has never been in even a minor accident and absolutely no paint work has been done. There are no liens on the car and I have the title in hand. I have kept this car longer than any other car I have owned and am only selling it because I have another coming and my wife says I can’t keep both.

It is Ardent (bright) red with Magnolia (light tan) interior with red piping and red contrasting stitching on the dash, seats and doors-it is the only '02 I can document with both piping and stitching that year. Of course I may be biased, but I believe this to be the most striking and beautiful color combo available for the Esprit. It has never been smoked in and still has that great leather aroma that greets you every time you open the door. It has a 3.5 L twin turbo V8 engine designed and built by Lotus and is still the last engine to be produced in house.

The '02-'04 USA center exhaust note (unlike the European model split exhaust) is one of the best of any exotic and I find myself lifting the sunroof often just to hear it more clearly. The acceleration in first gear as the twin turbos come on boost is scary and second gear is still startling, though more manageable. It feels even faster than the published 0-60 times of 4.1-4.4s and top speed of 178-180mph (depending on the publication testing it at the time). The dealer says he believes this particular car is even stronger than most twin turbos he has serviced.

This car's history:

-Engine rebuilt by Lotus USA 4 months ago because of a failed new timing belt tensioner installed during the timing belt replacement being performed by a Lotus USA dealership. Rear main seal and accessory belt were also replaced as a precaution at that time. All fluids were replaced then as well (oil, coolant, transmission and brake).

The engine rebuild is under warranty by Lotus USA until November 2010.

-A new ECU has been installed with the Lotus optional Hi Torque upgrade available on later models (it moves the torque lower in the power band for better drivability).

-Water pump was replaced under warranty

-K&N air filters (permanent) installed for better performance and louder induction sounds

-Replaced alternator with upgraded higher amp unit

-Recent new battery

-Upgraded E-code halogen headlights (brighter)

-Shift **** and dash ***** upgraded to '04 model style: shifter is shorter, more attractive and more ergonomic and the aluminum dash ***** are more updated in appearance

-Upgraded Atiwe airbag steering wheel with Lotus emblem purchased through the Lotus Club is a

big improvement in feel, appearance and ease of entry and exit over the original Firebird sourced wheel that never did match the quality of the rest of the interior. Original wheel and ***** included.

-Contrasting floor mats with Lotus emblem

-All manuals and tools included

-Original window sticker and period sales brochures included

-All receipts for all work and maintenance included

This car’s description:

-Paint is in excellent condition using a 2 step Meguiar's wax process every 6 months. There is a starburst indentation in the rear wheel fender extension where some moron opened his door on it that I felt was not noticeable enough to repair- the light has to hit it just right to see it. That is the only paint defect on the car that I can find. There are some small rock chips on the front that have been repaired.

-Interior looks extremely fresh except for some minor scuffing on the driver side bolster which I

am very careful to avoid as I enter. The dash leather is perfect with no pulling at the edges as I

Leatherique the entire interior twice yearly and it is never parked in the sun.

-All glass is clear with no chips or cracks or delamination

-The trunk looks new as evidenced by the photos

-The engine compartment is detailed as well

-Clutch has no slippage and gearbox shifts smoothly

-The wheels are not perfect, but close with absolutely no curb rash.

-Tires are not new but have plenty of rubber left on them (maybe 50%)

-Everything works- windows, power mirrors, radio, A/C, lights etc.

I am not a dealer or broker; just an enthusiast who deeply appreciates exquisite automobiles such as this example. There are 21,500 miles on the car now which works out to a little over 2500 miles per year (the average Ferrari owner drives 3000) which is enough to keep hoses and seals supple unlike very low mileage garage queens that are seldom driven. The car is in phenomenal condition and would pass for less than half that mileage. It is a tremendous amount of eyeball and car for the money and priced for today’s economy. With all the recent work, engine rebuild, and maintenance done it should be ready for many more carefree miles with no major service due for years.

Inquiries about the car can either be via PM, reply to this thread, email at lotusespritv8forsale@gmail.com, or telephone at 731-668-7894.

Link to ebay auction is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus...ht_2071wt_1165

Link to tons of photos here: http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=5458f12f.pbw

Most exotic car for the money anywhere. Buyer will not be disappointed.

Attached Images      

Last edited by phaphaphooey; 04-27-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:13 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
More pictures

Attached Images      
Old 04-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Last but not least a little bit of engine action

Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2010, 08:58 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous! Good luck!!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Malakas is on a distinguished road
GLWS - this car looks amazing

Old 04-28-2010, 04:34 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
thats a great looking car, GLWS

Old 04-28-2010, 05:04 AM
Yani can only hope to improve
Gorgeous, GLWS!

Old 04-28-2010, 07:37 AM
GT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to beholdGT700 is a splendid one to behold
I looked at and drove one of these before I bought my 996 turbo. They are sweet I love the color!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Cartel is on a distinguished road
Chris, she is an absolute beauty, best of luck with the sale. Validated as a trusted seller in my books, we met this weekend at my restaurant in the sale of his former Litronics for my Boxster. An absolute pleasure to deal with and most importantly, an enthusiast at heart. All the best.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks everyone.

Carlos, perhaps I should change my profile picture since you now own the lights in my profile. Old habits die hard I suppose. Was a pleasure meeting you as well. I will call you next time I am in town.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:27 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
I am not in the market, however, if I was, you are the type of previous owner I would want to purchase from. The evidence of your love for this car is apparent. This is the way car ads should read.
-Getz

Old 04-29-2010, 10:16 AM
forumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really nice
Great machine! always love to see one of these around.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks forumtdot and getz. It annoys me when I am interested in a car and there is only one crappy picture and very minimal description. I want to know that the previous owner was an enthusiast and treated the car well. Hopefully the ad for the Lotus adequately conveys that.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Less than a day to go on the ebay auction and it has met the reserve. If anyone is thinking about purchasing a recent Esprit in superb condition, now is the time.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:35 AM
maxzboy will become famous soon enough
a true classic!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS Lotus Esprit V8 Red/Tan-Stunning Condition!