Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2001 Porsche 996 Turbo Seal Grey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 02:09 PM
TMWTP has a spectacular aura aboutTMWTP has a spectacular aura aboutTMWTP has a spectacular aura about
2001 Porsche 996 Turbo Seal Grey

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $38000
Mileage: 69753
Color: Seal grey
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CO
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Time to move on with another project, so the Turbo needs to go!

Listing it here for you guys first. I am a Colorado licensed auto dealer, but this is my private vehicle. I am able to do trade-ins and financing on it. Hopefully this does not violate the rules. If so, my apologies.

2001 seal-grey (L6B4) Porsche 996 Turbo, currently 69753 miles as of 1/9/14. Engine has not been modified, tuned, or increased boost. Original MSRP was $127,005.00. Clean carfax (available upon request).
  • all manuals
  • 6-speed manual
  • all-wheel drive
  • carbon fiber trimmed interior
  • xenon headlights
  • alcantara headliner
  • hydraulic rear wing
  • grey leather interior
  • power everything
  • cruise
  • AC/climate control
  • heated seats
  • traction control
  • aftermarket double-din CD/DVD/Nav with Ipod (32-pin) connector and bluetooth phone, aftermarket subwoofer and amp
  • tint
  • clear bra
  • lowered on H&R coil-overs
  • adjustable rear toe-links
  • B&M Short throw shifter
  • 18" GMG split-spoke forged wheels custom painted satin black (BBS style)
  • Michelin Pilot Sport tires 295 front, 315 rear, plenty of tread (less than 5k on them)
  • Fabspeed exhaust with GT2-style tips
  • power moon roof
  • OEM GT3 brake ducts
  • clutch replaced at 47k miles (before I owned the car, but it was done at a Porsche dealer, so I assume it to be an OEM clutch)
  • Valentine V1 hard-wired with remote display
  • Porsche certificate of authenticity

The good:
Everything works. No 2nd-gear pop-out, no rear wing failure, no leaks. Exterior is in excellent shape. Everyone thinks it is a much newer car, and more expensive, than it really is. For a high-performance sports car, it really is practical. Between the AWD, and 2+2 seating, you could use this car every day in CO (except blizzard days), even with small children. My 12-year-old son fits in the back seat.

The bad:
The carbon trim around the air vents is peeling up. Known issue from this model. There are aftermarket replacement pieces available. One piece of trim is missing completely, and I have not been able to find anything but a factory replacement. However, it requires removing the windshield, so I have not ordered the piece. The plan was to wait until the windshield got cracked, but it's the factory windshield, and is very well built. Hardly pitted at all. There are some minor paint imperfections. Only visible up close, and are typical for the age/miles. Minor crack in tail light housing. Minor scratch in chrome cover for headlight washer on one side.

The ugly:
Front lip is cracked. These are very inexpensive, and easy to replace. It will be done before delivery.

The miscellaneous:
When I bought the car, it came with factory PCCB GT2 brakes. Two of mine were cracked. They were replaced with steel rotors. The original ceramic rotors will be included in the sale...they're pretty! I was going to make a clock out of one of the cracked ones and sell the two good ones. Never got around to it. Also included will be the 19" Asanti wheels it came with. I personally prefered the satin-black 18" for a few reasons. Ride quality, handling, tire choice, tire cost, and appearance. But, they are cool wheels. I will also include a cover for the car. It is specific to this model, and fits perfectly. All receipts and records that were passed to me, and all that I've added will be included.

The best part about this particular model is that the value has bottomed out, and remained steady. It is worth almost as much as I paid for it in 2011. I absolutely love this car. The 911 Turbo has been my dream car since I was a kid. Great looks, and great performance without the quirks and high cost of other comparable Euro sports cars. I WILL own one again.

$38,000.00 for 6speed members. I will be listing for $40k in the coming weeks. Located in Arvada, CO. Showings and information available upon request. Pre-purchase inspection (PPI) on request at buyer's expense. PM here or e-mail brulej at msn dot com

Car is currently at 3Zero3 Motorsports for service and front diff leak. Pending parts arrival, it should be back to me jan 23.

Here you can see the trim that is peeling:

Last edited by TMWTP; 01-20-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:39 PM
rdprice is on a distinguished road
Intereted...interior pics please

Old 01-08-2015, 06:54 PM
TMWTP has a spectacular aura aboutTMWTP has a spectacular aura aboutTMWTP has a spectacular aura about
It is in the shop for service at the moment. Assuming the weather stays clear (I don't drive it in the snow), I should be able to pick it up soon, and will get interior shots ASAP. I'll dig through my archives to see if there are any on my hard drive.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:04 PM
I didn't find any interior shots, but here is a pic from when I bought it, showing the Asanti wheels.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:25 PM
cwmateiuc is on a distinguished road
Interior, Please.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Working on it. Should have done this afternoon.

edit: first post has new pics and current mileage.

Last edited by TMWTP; 01-09-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:36 AM
Weekly bump, and update.

Car is at 3Zero3 Motorsports in Arvada, CO right now for service. There was a leak in the front differential. Waiting on parts.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:43 AM
split71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond reputesplit71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TMWTP
Weekly bump, and update.

Car is at 3Zero3 Motorsports in Arvada, CO right now for service. There was a leak in the front differential. Waiting on parts.
Can vouch for 3Zero3 Motorsports. Had work done there on my M5. Very passionate guys there that do fantastic work. Good luck with your sale, OP!

Old 01-19-2015, 06:06 AM
Just In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to behold
IF which is a huge IF this car is still available in one months time... Ill be calling you to view this car. GLWS in the meantime.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Got the call today. Turns out the front diff leak was an alignment issue. Caster correction was only performed via the lower adjuster. This pushed the driver's side tire too far, causing the axle shaft to not align properly. Re-aligned with splitting the caster adjustment between upper and lower, and it's all lined up properly.

They are going to keep it for a few days to put some miles on it to make sure everything is perfect. With snow in the forecast, it will probably be the end of the week before I get it back.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:00 PM
Ingenere is on a distinguished road
Hi: A few questions...

Do you have all books, tools, spare, keys, etc?

Any paint or body work?

Has the slave cylinder and accumulator been done recently?

Do you have a carafe?

Feel free to PM or email me at Dino@veloceperformance.com

Old 01-21-2015, 02:28 PM
I have the manual, and spare key. I assume the slave cylinder was done when the clutch was done. But, that was done by one of the previous owners, so I can't be sure.

No idea what a "carafe" is, but I did look at the carfax (assuming typo). It is clean.

Additionally, the previous owner provided me with a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Last bump before it goes to the dealer.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:14 PM
ramman5600 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TMWTP
Last bump before it goes to the dealer.
Coolant lines been welded or pinned?

Old 02-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Not as far as I know. It's led a pretty easy life, so I doubt the previous owners saw any need for it, and I certainly have been easy on it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2001 Porsche 996 Turbo Seal Grey