Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Wtb Alum Interior Pieces For Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 10:56 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Wtb Alum Interior Pieces For Turbo

Looking for rear center console in alum look, also looking for side vent surrounds in alum. Not the actual vents, but the casing around the side vents. Will consider any other alum pieces. Alum-look steering wheel with airbag a huge plus!!

Old 12-03-2003, 10:24 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
I do not believe the factory makes the vent casing in alu look....

Old 12-03-2003, 03:47 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by msindi
I do not believe the factory makes the vent casing in alu look....
I am talking about the left and right vents right next to the door. I have seen the vents in alum but, I want the vent surround in alum-look. They do not offer that?

Lou

Old 12-03-2003, 04:13 PM
only after market - factory full alu kit large (see my sig) only has the vent slats in alu look and not the vent surrounds themselves...

Old 12-03-2003, 11:50 PM
LSM
Originally posted by msindi
only after market - factory full alu kit large (see my sig) only has the vent slats in alu look and not the vent surrounds themselves...
Oh well, looks like I'll have to cross my fingers and have them painted. Who sells them aftermarket?

Old 12-04-2003, 09:51 AM
Arnie is infamous around these parts
After Market

Stuttgart Perfomance sells them I have Artic Silver interior pieces from them for my turbo. Also Carnewal sells them on line also. There is a difference in color between Artic Silver and Aluminum-Look so be sure what you are looking for.

Old 12-04-2003, 12:43 PM
LSM
Re: After Market

Originally posted by Arnie
Stuttgart Perfomance sells them I have Artic Silver interior pieces from them for my turbo. Also Carnewal sells them on line also. There is a difference in color between Artic Silver and Aluminum-Look so be sure what you are looking for.
You are correct. i guess I am looking for the Arctic silver ones. Do you have a pic of your interior?

Lou

Old 12-04-2003, 12:44 PM
LSM
Re: Re: After Market

Originally posted by LSM
You are correct. i guess I am looking for the Arctic silver ones. Do you have a pic of your interior?

Lou
My interior pieces were painted so they can't be alum-look can they??

Lou

Old 12-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Painted

If they were painted they are Artic silver. Artic silver has no spakles in the paint.

Old 12-04-2003, 05:10 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
I think that board sponsors ImagineAuto and The Plug Guy (BumperPlugs) all sell these in pretty much whatever color you want. There may be more board sponsors that can help you out, but I know that those two do very, very nice work on painting these parts as I have AS interior parts from them both, and also some that By-Design had done for me.

Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2003, 05:25 AM
Difference

Note the difference between AS and AL. The horseshoe ring around the shifter is AL the rest is AS.

Old 12-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Actually the horseshoe is a real metal not plastic part....Alu look is much brighter/shinier than AS....

Old 12-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Correct

yes it is metal but aluminum look is brighter and shinier. If you get real close the AL has large silver particles in it which givies it this look. Whether it is plastic or metal they will both look alike if you get AL. I bought AS parts. You can not get AS parts from Porsche in the U.S. only ROW can you get Porsche official AS parts.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:53 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
And, if I am not mistaken, the metal ring around the shifter is painted "alu-look". And yes, the "alu-look" paint is much more "metallic" than arctic silver. I bought some "alu-look" plastic parts from Gert and had them painted AS, but prior to being repainted AS, they looked pretty much like the ring.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Smile You are corect Sir

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wtb Alum Interior Pieces For Turbo