Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

How are you able to post For Sale for "friend"??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 PM
tar6day is on a distinguished road
How are you able to post For Sale for "friend"??

I frequent this board but only post necessary info. My post #'s are low so I am not able to post a For Sale item (Porsche 993 TT). If the rules say you are not able to post For Sale items if you have less than 100 posts than why can members post For Sale items for "friends" who obviously have less than 100 posts??

Old 05-17-2007, 06:28 PM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
I don't know about the 100 post rule. I want to see pics of that 993 TT

Pete

Old 05-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
I think the rule is for accountability. Presumably more posts makes you more trustworthy.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:24 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
i don't even understand the logic of your question. The 100 post rule has nothing to do with who legally owns the item.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tar6day
I frequent this board but only post necessary info.
yep, sure...

that's what EVERYONE says as an excuse. sorry, if you can't take the time to devote info. to the board, then why should you be able to sell something?

Old 05-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
The logic is why are people with more than 100 posts allowed to post "for sale" items for people with less than 100 posts.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:42 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gramicci101
The logic is why are people with more than 100 posts allowed to post "for sale" items for people with less than 100 posts.
Why would the owners of the forum care whose item it is? The logic doesn't make sense.

There are plenty of reasons to keep people from being able to post classifieds without contributing to the site. None of them have anything to do with who legally owns the item.

Last edited by SteveH; 05-17-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:50 PM
imola is on a distinguished road
the logic does make sense. this has nothing to do w/ "ownership" of the item, that's not what the guy was asking.

if the rule says that one with less than 100 posts can not post for sale, by having one with more than 100 posts to post it for him, isn't that an indrect violation to the rule?

Old 05-17-2007, 07:53 PM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imola
the logic does make sense. this has nothing to do w/ "ownership" of the item, that's not what the guy was asking.

if the rule says that one with less than 100 posts can not post for sale, by having one with more than 100 posts to post it for him, isn't that an indrect violation to the rule?
hmm, look at the people are who are complaining about the rule

It's more about knowing that the seller is someone who can be trusted. If someone is willing to put their reputation on the line for a "friend", then that adds a certain bit of legitimacy to the transaction.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:56 PM
imola is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by turbo187
hmm, look at the people are who are complaining about the rule

It's more about knowing that the seller is someone who can be trusted. If someone is willing to put their reputation on the line for a "friend", then that adds a certain bit of legitimacy to the transaction.

don't get me wrong, I DO agree having min 100 post rule.

lol..I'm not complaining about the rule at all, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by imola
\isn't that an indrect violation to the rule?
no .

Old 05-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Technically they are in violation of the rule... but certain members have earned the respect of the board so they can pretty much do at they please.

Luis posting his friends 360CS for sale is a good example. Luis is very well known around here, and we know he nor his friend is out to stick it to anyone for $200grr. So we let it slide.

If some ****** nozzle shows up trying to unload 10 PS3's, or sell a bunch of $50 b/s... take it to ebay, we don't want to deal with it. Unless you're doing the members of this board a favor and hooking up a good legit deal, don't bother.

If you're here just using it as a swap meet, go fist yourself.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 PM
mike5876 is on a distinguished road
im a new guy here......transfer from the supra crowd i am spend the next rainy day posting some stuff im sure im going to have something to sell im an official part of the p-car club again last time with a brand new speed yellow c4s this time with a 1996 993tt.....its got 16k miles white/gray going in the shop this week to get lowered and to get wheels

Old 05-17-2007, 08:41 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikefl
1996 993tt.....its got 16k miles white/gray going in the shop this week to get lowered and to get wheels
Welcome aboard. Pics please.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikefl
im a new guy here......transfer from the supra crowd i am spend the next rainy day posting some stuff im sure im going to have something to sell im an official part of the p-car club again last time with a brand new speed yellow c4s this time with a 1996 993tt.....its got 16k miles white/gray going in the shop this week to get lowered and to get wheels
Sorry you're only allowed to post for sale threads when you can compose a coherent f*cking sentence.

Punctuation pwnz you.

god damn.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How are you able to post For Sale for "friend"??