Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

The Tire Rack Introduces the OZ Alleggerita

Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 PM
omes is on a distinguished road
Repost but any news on 19's ?

Old 05-20-2009, 11:34 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
damn, any plans for OZ to release the ULTRALEGGERA in 18" fitment for the 996tt? I think that oqwuld be a VERY hot seller since the lipless design makes them look like 19s but give the performance of a 18.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:52 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by omes
Repost but any news on 19's ?
Not at this time. Heck, we just want to get the 18's here!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 05-21-2009, 06:53 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
damn, any plans for OZ to release the ULTRALEGGERA in 18" fitment for the 996tt? I think that oqwuld be a VERY hot seller since the lipless design makes them look like 19s but give the performance of a 18.
That has been moved up the ladder and is being considered. If they decided to it would probably be spring before we see them.

Or use this link:
Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
That has been moved up the ladder and is being considered. If they decided to it would probably be spring before we see them.

like.... next spring? Spring 2010? Damn. I know I would be in for like 3 sets by myself! Damon, make it happen!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:04 AM
nokarbs is on a distinguished road
Great looking rims; and light, great job...

Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM
nokarbs is on a distinguished road
Damon, I'm taking delivery of a new Cayman S in a few days and am looking for a light weight 18" set-up for track days. The new Alleggerita's are great looking, light and well priced; definitely on my short list. Question: is there a size that will work with the Cayman and accomodate R compound rubber. Their doesn't seem to be much in the way of R compounds available in standard Cayman sizes.

Cheers

Old 06-15-2009, 04:19 PM
tuonoR has a spectacular aura abouttuonoR has a spectacular aura abouttuonoR has a spectacular aura about
Amazing prices on these wheels. Curious if anyone knows if there are any disadvantages to the OZ casting technology and how strength / durability compares to a forged wheel.

I haven't seen any meaningful level of concerns around failure / breakage / fatigue with OZ wheels so with wheel weights coming in just below forged wheels from BBS, etc., it almost seems too good to be true.

Also, does anyone have experience with the durability of OZ cast wheels at the track? I realize OZ races extensively but I'm assuming they are building forged wheels for their racing efforts.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:38 PM
any pics on a p-car yet?

Old 06-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by nokarbs
Damon, I'm taking delivery of a new Cayman S in a few days and am looking for a light weight 18" set-up for track days. The new Alleggerita's are great looking, light and well priced; definitely on my short list. Question: is there a size that will work with the Cayman and accomodate R compound rubber. Their doesn't seem to be much in the way of R compounds available in standard Cayman sizes.

Cheers
You can run a 255/40 in the rear as well along with 225/40 front. Hoosier makes the R6 in that combo and it fits/works/looks great if you want a top-dog track setup. They run wider than street tires so are really only more narrow on paper... If you would rather do a great extreme performance summer tire do the Bridgestone RE-11 in OE sizes.

Please call me if I can help.

Or use this link:
Old 06-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by tuonoR
Amazing prices on these wheels. Curious if anyone knows if there are any disadvantages to the OZ casting technology and how strength / durability compares to a forged wheel.

I haven't seen any meaningful level of concerns around failure / breakage / fatigue with OZ wheels so with wheel weights coming in just below forged wheels from BBS, etc., it almost seems too good to be true.

Also, does anyone have experience with the durability of OZ cast wheels at the track? I realize OZ races extensively but I'm assuming they are building forged wheels for their racing efforts.
Low pressure casting technology has come leaps and bounds in the last few years. These are also heat treated and shot-peened to make them VERY durable. It's the same technology they are using on most of their street wheels now and I almost never get reports of them bending. With this technology you are getting 90% of the strength at 50% of the price.

OZ is very proud of their racing heritage, and they would not be marketing these as race wheels if they didn't think they could hold up to it.

Or use this link:
Old 06-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
any pics on a p-car yet?
Not yet. Will have full sets in the next few weeks.

Or use this link:
Old 06-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Latest.
All ordered fronts are now in stock. The rears are completing production in the next 2 weeks and they are then AIR shipping them to us to fill all existing Porsche orders. The remaining wheels will then be on the way by container.
Anyone that has pre-ordered with me should be seeing their orders in the next few (2-3 if what they are telling us rings true) weeks.

Or use this link:
Old 06-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Gozmit is on a distinguished road
I saw them, they are nice!

Old 06-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Max Energy is on a distinguished road
Damon,
I am looking for a spare set of track wheels for my 1989 944 turbo. What is the widest wheel that you offer for both the front and rear?
Currently I have 18x8 and 18x10 Kinesis and the car is lowered with approximatley 3 deg neg camber on front and 2.5 deg neg camber on rear
Max

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Tire Rack Introduces the OZ Alleggerita