Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

P0103 Code. Need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 AM
H8T WP will become famous soon enough
Are you still running stock n75 or a boost controller? , are your brake lights working?

Old 03-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sweeney186
Have not dealt with this on a porsche yet,but on others p0103 is maf sensor circuit high.Meaning the engine controller was looking for a voltage reading from the maf other than the reference it sends out.With it being an intermitt. issue and occurs at key on/no start-possible wiring issue like a spread pin connector.The female conn. has a small contact tongue inside that actually is the connection,if spread or weak you end up with improper or no voltage flow thru the connection.Could also be the engine controller,or the maf signal wire shorted to volt or voltage induction into the signal wire fron failing/damaged wire insulation.Mercs are real bad about having spread pin conn.'s,maybe same part sourcing ? I would closely examine the conn. at the tb first.But sounds electrical to me
thanks i will try to look at the connector. all of this started happening after my MAF went bad. i tested it with Durmatric - there was no reading from teh MAF. I replaced the MAF - it was reading fine. Next day code came back with ABS/PSM lights on first start. i thought maybe i got a defective MAF - so I exchanged the MAF at the distirbutor and put another brand new MAF in. at this point any lead is worth chasing because i am getting tired of it. i have read about a similar problem where a guy had a MAF fail and when it failed it ruined something in the ECU. so I got a new ECU as well, it currentyl at EPL getting my tune installed onto it and vin coded for my car.

Originally Posted by H8T WP
Are you still running stock n75 or a boost controller? , are your brake lights working?
yes stock N75 that has been repalced as well just in case, all vac lines are good to it.

brake lights work just fine.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 03-16-2012, 09:50 AM
sweeney186 will become famous soon enough
should have included ck'ing the conn at the maf as well

Old 03-16-2012, 10:05 AM
H8T WP will become famous soon enough
I had psm/abs driving me mad, it was the brake light switch....

Old 02-20-2013, 03:48 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I'm curious how was this resolved? thx

Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
I'm curious how was this resolved? thx
my car no longer has a MAF so its not an issue.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Who cast a spell on your car for MAF less?

Old 12-03-2015, 12:54 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
ill give it a shot. cant hurt. we pressure tested from turbos and it holds alot of pressure...

did 60-100 in 2.6 seconds, 50-70 in 1.0sec went to shift to 4th and felt like the TB closed and car shut the power down. let off the gas , got back on and it was fine. no codes after this. veryy strange

This is exactly my same situation. I recently bought the car. The old owner had put a new MAF in about 2 months prior. Car drives fine 99% of the time. But i've had the ABS/PSM error twice now.

And on occasion in higher gear at WOT it feels like it falls flat on it's face, get off the gas and back on it and all seems to be fine.

The error has popped up when in either 3rd or 4th at WOT.

Pulled code today with my cheap little scanner and got P0103

Old 12-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
This is exactly my same situation. I recently bought the car. The old owner had put a new MAF in about 2 months prior. Car drives fine 99% of the time. But i've had the ABS/PSM error twice now.

And on occasion in higher gear at WOT it feels like it falls flat on it's face, get off the gas and back on it and all seems to be fine.

The error has popped up when in either 3rd or 4th at WOT.

Pulled code today with my cheap little scanner and got P0103
Disconnect the Maf and see if it does it.
If not then it's Maf related.
Have your tune checked out to if you have one in there.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:34 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Disconnect the Maf and see if it does it.
If not then it's Maf related.
Have your tune checked out to if you have one in there.

Would car be safe to drive around with MAF disconnected?

Additoinally, owner is 99.9% confident there is no tune on it. But, I do plan on doing one shortly, so I guess i'll find out then!

does car take awhile to adjust / learn to a new MAF by any chance?

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 12-03-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If it's .7 bar its stock.

Yes you can do the test it don't make it habbit.
Also doing a pressure test is a good idea not to mention getting a Durametric cable and logging it.
I offer free diagnostics and I supply a boost leak tester with all my tuning. Those who been there before he value in that. Last client got taken for $2100 in Colorado due to a shop telling him stories he needs to drop a motor to find a vacuum leak, and a tuner who didn't step up and help him. Don't make that mistake.
Markski

Check this out
https://markskituning.com/pressure-test-101-how-to-find-boost-leaks/

Would car be safe to drive around with MAF disconnected?

Additoinally, owner is 99.9% confident there is no tune on it. But, I do plan on doing one shortly, so I guess i'll find out then!

does car take awhile to adjust / learn to a new MAF by any chance?

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 12-03-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Mucho Gracias!!!

Old 12-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Need to order a durametric

Marski. I generally see .8. With one offs to .9-1.0

Old 12-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Well its worker .7 or 1 bar. No in between lol. Unless it's a x50.

Need to order a durametric

Marski. I generally see .8. With one offs to .9-1.0

Old 12-05-2015, 04:11 AM
Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !Jeanmarcboilard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Well its worker .7 or 1 bar. No in between lol. Unless it's a x50.
If it's stock, you're overboosting and you have a wastegate issue, possibly sticking, or a cracked hose that sends pressure to your wastegates and not allowing them to fully open, or a bad N75 valve. Try to manually exercise your wastegates by moving the connecting rods. And do a boost leak test. The boost leak test should also open your wastegates when you get up to ~0.7bar (10psi). Make sure your 2 wastegates are opening at the same pressure.

Last edited by Jeanmarcboilard; 12-05-2015 at 04:17 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: P0103 Code. Need help