Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Phantom too flashy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:35 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Phantom is the pimpest car around, wont be low key at ALL.
Its all about how much attention you want, there are other cars just as good but doesn't crave a 1/3 of the attention. Bottom line as others has said over and over again, if HE likes it then who cares?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
Well, I think more of the issue is that the majority of his childhood friends are blue collar workers. He literally makes more in a week then his friends will make in 10+ years. It's hard for allot of people to accept that.

Not for me. I love being the poorest of my friends! Instead of hating, I use them to learn what the hell I am doing wrong.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by club411
Well, I think more of the issue is that the majority of his childhood friends are blue collar workers. He literally makes more in a week then his friends will make in 10+ years. It's hard for allot of people to accept that.

Not for me. I love being the poorest of my friends! Instead of hating, I use them to learn what the hell I am doing wrong.

Easy fix, tell him to buy his friends Bentley's. Problem solved.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Easy fix, tell him to buy his friends Bentley's. Problem solved.
No joke...I would be happy with a nice meal at olive garden or red lobster

Old 01-09-2008, 11:57 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !

I love olive garden, not so much red lobster actually never ate there. But Olive Garden's tour of Italy rocks for a quick lunch. Fakk now my stomach is making noises, gotta get some lunch thanks Clubman.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:11 PM
The Pun
Even better I will grill....

Old 01-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by The Pun

WTF Pun, chief admins dont grill they get servants to do that stuff.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
It's an oxymoron to ask if a RR Phantom is flashy, they scream "look at me"

Christian

Old 01-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Jason A is on a distinguished road
i have sold several phantoms and i dont know a single person that has a driver. everyone ive sld to drives the car and loves the car. i dont think your friend should wory about what people think. if he likes the car he should buy it. that being said its impossible not to get attention. the phantom has its own persauna everyone stops when it comes thru.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jason A
i the phantom has its own persauna everyone stops when it comes thru.
Yeah my Geo Metro had the same effect, well I didnt have brakes that worked so they had to stop.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Car_Collector will become famous soon enough
If he is afraid of driving it because of the attention. Why not get tinted windows and maybe a armored Phantom?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 PM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
My friend in hedge funds is looking to get a Phantom. He drove it and fell in love with the car.

The money is not an issue, but he is not at all a flashy and is worried about what his neighbors or friends will say. He does not plan on ever driving it to work to avoid any issues.

Should he just do a high line Benz, which he has had in past or get what he really wants - and let the haters hate?

Thoughts?

Not too flashy, its a car that shows ultimate success. Well then to jealous people they'll think it's too flashy. I say go for it. Congrats to him.

Also Get a driver if he does end up in one..... it will look just weird seeing the owner drive it.

Bentley = Drivers car

Rolls Royce = Driven in (especially a Phantom)

Old 01-09-2008, 12:53 PM
CaymanSJF is on a distinguished road
Can he `rent' one for a period of time to see how his connection to the car evolves?

Old 01-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is on a distinguished road
I would say you have to have balance, If his house, his neighborhood, his lifestyle supports that, them more power to him, but you can't drive a phantom and live in a small house.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:04 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The Pun

Oh and Jeff knows how to Grill! Can't wait till spring!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Phantom too flashy?