Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Phantom too flashy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:09 AM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
Phantom too flashy?

My friend in hedge funds is looking to get a Phantom. He drove it and fell in love with the car.

The money is not an issue, but he is not at all a flashy and is worried about what his neighbors or friends will say. He does not plan on ever driving it to work to avoid any issues.

Should he just do a high line Benz, which he has had in past or get what he really wants - and let the haters hate?

Thoughts?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Whats a phantom?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
Seriously guys... need some insight...Jesus!!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:15 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Is he passionate about the cars in general?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Banned
Hovik is on a distinguished road
Only way to go with the Phantom is to be driven in. I don't understand people buying Phantoms and driving themselves.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
The Pun
This one is pretty hot..

Old 01-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by SHANKENFELTER
Is he passionate about the cars in general?
He is and has the means to buy any car in the world.. That being said he doesn't and lives somewhat modestly

Old 01-09-2008, 10:26 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Tell him to get the Phantom. I love it. Great choice. You only live once . . .

Old 01-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Hovik, if you had one you'd understand. The Phantom is a drivers car and not one to be driven in. in fact, the back seats are terrible and uncomfortable with no head room. It feels great to drive though. If you have a driver nothing beats the Maybach 62. I had a chance to drive both for a week each and did a few hundred miles in each.

Tell him to get what he likes and f$ck what anyone else thinks. He's not buying it for them!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Oh no, I'm sure he'll be all incognito.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
Agree w/ Stryke

but has he looked at the Bentley Continental? It seems a bit more sporty and not as flashy as the Phantom...I'd rock the Phantom though and it will be an amazing client car....I'm hoping our company will step-up to it in 2 years or so, we are doing the Quattroporte for this year I think

Old 01-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
I love the Bentley and it is a great daily car and very understated. The Phantom is big time in your face but again, I would get what I liked without any regard to neighbors etc.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:26 AM
MGM
MGM will become famous soon enough
The car is a bit flashy in my opinion, however I feel it comes down to how much attention your friend wants. I'm not saying that is the reason for buying the car I'm just saying that it attracts a ton. We were in Cali last year driving one and there you would think people wouldn't car as its "just another one" but the unwanted attention is crazy! If that's the car your friend wants and doesn't mind the attention tell him to go for it!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:29 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
He wont get any looks whatsever.
Seriously Club, you didnt club him in the head when he asked you, how can a Phantom go ANYWHERE and not get looks. Unless you are in Dubai or UAE.

Bottom line, he likes it GET IT.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Hey, if "Turtle" can drive it in Entourage, he can drive it.

The hell is he doing with all that cash if he's not going to enjoy it? Hedge fund isn't exactly a picnic in the park job... hard work man.

Tell him to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Phantom too flashy?