Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Phantom too flashy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:57 PM
doccao will become famous soon enough
Had a chance to only sit in one, it felt like a royal cruise yacht on wheels. To me its a symbol of Success, Wealth, Power, and Class. Guess that's why it's the choice whip for any A-List celeb/rapper (or anyone with deep pockets).

Old 01-12-2008, 06:28 PM
zen garage is on a distinguished road
I recently sold and installed a set of Auto Coture wheels on a Phantom. It was a $28,000 sale.

There are not many white Phantoms rolling around Chicago, so if you see one, check out the wheels....1400 crystals embedded in each

Old 01-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Golfster is on a distinguished road
nothing goes better with a Phantom than a white suit, a feather in the fedora and a long, shuffle strut.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Cedric will become famous soon enough
tell him to get one, tint the windows and keep it moving.

quote from Phantom owner

the Phantom is "insane"
She thinks that car is in a class of it's own and nothing really compares to it in comfort and isolation from other traffic.
What surprised me the most ,however,was the ease of driving that thing in rush hour.
No problems with lane changing,all cars kept their distance ,no one cutting off or squeezing in front,lots of thumbs up and not one middle finger pointed up.
Seems, people are treating the Rolls with unexpected respect,even reverence and that makes driving it even easier then any typical luxury sedan ,Bentley including

Old 01-12-2008, 10:00 PM
focusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to allfocusedmindset is a name known to all
It's a very nice car, but as mentioned it's not low key at all.
The neighbours can think what they want, but extreme amounts of attention during daily driving could get old quickly.

For something low key the S600 or S65 would be my choice. Not many people could tell that it is a steep premium over the S450/S550.
The 760Li is also not easily distinguishable as a high premium over the 750i.

With no problem affording it, he might as well go for it. If he is uncomfortable with friends asking, maybe just say it is a company car?

Old 01-13-2008, 07:44 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
I'd get an Arnage R. not as imposing but still big and beautiful

Old 01-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Jtlacrozmaster will become famous soon enoughJtlacrozmaster will become famous soon enough
GET THE PHANTOM!!! nothing like it, has such a road prescence its unbelievable, I'd totally rock one

Old 01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
The Hot Banana
KO KAINE is on a distinguished road
im really not into the car at all.

tell him to get an Arnage R.......much quieter look/way more official.

to me the phantom is way too much, way too goofy for this guys description.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Banned
renntech36 will become famous soon enoughrenntech36 will become famous soon enough
we had one for a while. I drove it on a maybe monthly occasion. Hell of a car, and has amazing prescence, but from the way you describe this guy, it may be too much car for him. He should maybe look into an Arnage as Kokaine said. It is a car that is on par, or more, of the phantom build wise and drive wise, without all of the pizazz.

In honesty, the car is great, not worth all the money though.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:19 AM
bprime is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Hey, if "Turtle" can drive it in Entourage, he can drive it.

The hell is he doing with all that cash if he's not going to enjoy it? Hedge fund isn't exactly a picnic in the park job... hard work man.

Tell him to enjoy the fruits of his labor.
Turtle is Vince's driver. You need a driver for that car, that's like you buying a limo to drive.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:03 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Depends on where he lives...Flashy is a relative concept...

I should be joining a hedge fund too....Best paying jobs on earth I am told

Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
I also agree with prior comments: Phantoms are for chauffeurs! In London, even S classes and flying spurs are to be driven in
To drive, I would vote for CL63 AMG unlless he wants a real/full sports car (F or L)

Old 01-17-2008, 03:12 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
mercedes s65...

Old 01-17-2008, 03:33 PM
John814 is on a distinguished road
Bentley Arange or even better... A Bentley Brooklands!

I sat in a Phantom, it's huge. Definately a tank of a car that demands attention. Very classy, but definately an attention-grabber. I would personally take a Bentley, unless I had a driver - then it would be Maybach 62 all day long!

(Perhaps have him look into an S600 or Maybach 57S, if he's into low key perfection/style)

Old 01-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bprime
Turtle is Vince's driver. You need a driver for that car, that's like you buying a limo to drive.
Here we go again. Unless you had some decent wheel time in a Phantom stop saying this. The Phantom is definitely a drivers car. The back is horrendous and not comfortable to be driven in. No leg room and no head room in the standard version. It rides like a big 7 series and is great to drive daily. The Maybach 62 however must have a driver.

Here is me driving Felix (Porschefanatic) in the 62.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Phantom too flashy?