Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Chipped the Bentley GT with the GIAC chip..... WOW!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
Chipped the Bentley GT with the GIAC chip..... WOW!!

So I brought the car to Speed Gallery and they did the GIAC chip for me.. all i can say is wow!!!

The car feels totally different. It brings up the horsepower to 652HP. It is a real difference. The car weighs 5200 pounds. It drove quick before the switch but I felt in only in sport mode. Now it drives real fast in D and in the sport mode now it drives crazy. I am use to horsepower with my turbo Porsche but this is just amazing how a 5200 hundred pound car can fly like this.

I would like to thank the guys at Speed Gallery for another outstanding job on the chip and Mansory wing that they put on. They are always bending over backwards for me. Great to work with people who truly care about their clients.

So the bottom line is if you have some extra " dough ray me " I would suggest you get the chip it will make a world of difference.

Regards.

Ice

Old 10-02-2008, 02:34 PM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
Werd

Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Kelevra is on a distinguished road
What is the cost currently to chip the GT? In addition, I've read a post indicating transmission shift problems, evidently no problem with yours.

Regards

Old 10-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kelevra
What is the cost currently to chip the GT? In addition, I've read a post indicating transmission shift problems, evidently no problem with yours.

Regards

In regards to your question or statement regarding problems with the transmissions, my understanding is that it is only on the early model GT's.

I had my car in at Beverly Hillls Bentley and was talking with the service advisor, great guy btw, anyway he said that they have had problems with the 05's but has not seen any from 07 on. So if you are buying a 07 or 08 you should be fine.

In reagrds to how much. PM me.

Regards,

Ice

Old 10-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Banned
michael2008 is on a distinguished road
Bentley GT

The Bentley Continental GT is a grand tourer coupé with two doors and a 2+2 seating arrangement, released in 2003, replacing the previous Rolls-Royce-based Continental R and T. It is equipped with a 6.0L, twin-turbocharged W12 engine, producing 552 hp (412 kW), with a top speed of 198 mph.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Find Florist in Chicago 50000 loans coches vilafranca del penedes cell phone ringtones

Old 10-11-2008, 10:06 AM
1hard6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by michael2008
The Bentley Continental GT is a grand tourer coupé with two doors and a 2+2 seating arrangement, released in 2003, replacing the previous Rolls-Royce-based Continental R and T. It is equipped with a 6.0L, twin-turbocharged W12 engine, producing 552 hp (412 kW), with a top speed of 198 mph.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Find Florist in Chicago 50000 loans coches vilafranca del penedes cell phone ringtones
uhh ok.... lol who asked???

Old 10-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
I did read that the tranny shift problem was with an '05 and that a TCU upgrade supposedly helped this.

Ice you now have another hot rod!

Old 10-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Gcalo
I did read that the tranny shift problem was with an '05 and that a TCU upgrade supposedly helped this.

Ice you now have another hot rod!

LOL.

I did hear the same but I can assure you that I have had no problems so far. Also the car is a different animal, it is truly so fun to drive having that much power with this type of car. It made all the difference in the world.

Regards,

Ice

Old 10-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
So this chip adds 100HP??? Wow thats amazing if true.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by evsmotors
So this chip adds 100HP??? Wow thats amazing if true.
Well, I have not had the car dynoed but I can tell you it is a huge increase, if not 100 it has to be close to it.

Ice

Old 10-12-2008, 07:47 AM
mburnstein is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ice's 996tt Cab
Well, I have not had the car dynoed but I can tell you it is a huge increase, if not 100 it has to be close to it.

Ice
yo Ice, 'zup? Did you do any exhaust mods or is all stock? The 100hp gains, i thought were when exhaust mods plus GIAC were done.
mark

Old 10-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by mburnstein
yo Ice, 'zup? Did you do any exhaust mods or is all stock? The 100hp gains, i thought were when exhaust mods plus GIAC were done.
mark

Hey Marco long time no talk. Hope things are well with you.

BTW, your car is looking SHARP!!!!

In regards to your question about the exhaust here is what I have done to the car so far, I did the exhaust thru Speed Gallery ( Their own exhaust ), I also did the Chromes up front, The 22"HRE wheels, lowered the car thru Speed Gallery with (their lowering kit ) put red side markers on the car and got rid of those nasty orange ones, the GIAC chip which is amazing and added the Mansory tail.

The next and only step left is one of the body kits. I will do that when the market comes back to 10,000, so I guess that means in October 2010, LOL

Best Regards,

Ice

Old 10-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Sezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to beholdSezme is a splendid one to behold
Pricing?!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:55 PM
SixSpeed5 is on a distinguished road
100hp gains are entirely possibly.

Turbo engines are usually fairly conservative from the factory, so there is plenty of room to crank up the boost.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Dyno?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chipped the Bentley GT with the GIAC chip..... WOW!!