Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Just bought my first Bentley! Aftermarket Wheel Question.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:33 PM
UA///M3 is on a distinguished road
Just bought my first Bentley! Aftermarket Wheel Question.

I have been lurking around the forum for a while now just getting information to help me make my decision whether or not to purchase a Bentley GT. And thanks to all that I have read I finally just bought a 2006 white with tan interior.

I plan to lower the car a bit and get some 22 inch wheels to make it a little more exciting. I also have a BMW M3 and have a staggered fitment wheel setup which I love. Could I do that with the Bentley as well? Is there a limit to how wide the wheels can be?

I read somewhere that the recommended width all around should be 9.5 wide and anything wider than that will not be good for the car’s suspension. Can someone shed some light so that I may order some wheel asap. Thanks

I don't have any pics of the Bentley yet since its in transit right now, but here is a pic of my M3.

Last edited by UA///M3; 02-17-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:10 PM
lamboxray is on a distinguished road
i'm in the same boat. i have an 09 coming the next week. seems like people are doing 9.5 fronts and 10.5 rears staggered.

what about tpms? have people had issues w/ aftermarkets and tpms?

Old 02-17-2010, 10:02 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Congrats man, they are nice cars.

One question though, Why would you post a picture of an older BMW in a thread announcing that you bought a Bentley? That's like posting a picture of a Fiat in a Ferrari thread.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:04 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lamboxray
i'm in the same boat. i have an 09 coming the next week. seems like people are doing 9.5 fronts and 10.5 rears staggered.

What kind of issues? I had TPMS and the computer read them just fine. The problem I had was the TPMS kit did not seal properly, so make sure the tire shop knows what its doing.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor
Vossen Forged will become famous soon enoughVossen Forged will become famous soon enough
Congrats on the new buy...we make a real nice Bently GT fitment that also accept factory TPMS
22x9.5
22x11

Let me know if you need any other information..
http://www.vossenwheels.com/gallery/...VF082-225.aspx

Old 02-18-2010, 01:55 PM
W1N
W1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Vossen Forged
Congrats on the new buy...we make a real nice Bently GT fitment that also accept factory TPMS
22x9.5
22x11

Let me know if you need any other information..
http://www.vossenwheels.com/gallery/...VF082-225.aspx
These wheels are growing into me. Really nice!!!

I planning to get mine in April, since I decided to stay with the current 997tt and wait the 2012 new one out. I leaning towards Vossen VF082 for my speed.

Question, in this setup the rear tire sidewall is just minimal and I'm bit worried about it. If I get 10" wide rear wheel does it give me a bit more sidewall for the rear tires?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Former Vendor
Vossen Forged will become famous soon enoughVossen Forged will become famous soon enough
It wont stretch the tire as much, which will make the sidewall look a bit more squared..

Old 02-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Platinum Sponsor
WHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UA///M3
I have been lurking around the forum for a while now just getting information to help me make my decision whether or not to purchase a Bentley GT. And thanks to all that I have read I finally just bought a 2006 white with tan interior.

I plan to lower the car a bit and get some 22 inch wheels to make it a little more exciting. I also have a BMW M3 and have a staggered fitment wheel setup which I love. Could I do that with the Bentley as well? Is there a limit to how wide the wheels can be?

I read somewhere that the recommended width all around should be 9.5 wide and anything wider than that will not be good for the car’s suspension. Can someone shed some light so that I may order some wheel asap. Thanks

I don't have any pics of the Bentley yet since its in transit right now, but here is a pic of my M3.

You can slam the Bentley. It is on air suspension so a little tricking of the ECU and you will be low. As far as 22's you can do 22x9 and 22x11 on the Bentley no question about it. We have even done 24's on the Bentley Flying Spur. i would personally stick to 22's

Let me know if I can get you priced out on a set of wheels. We do have a few options in stock.

Thanks!

1.866.519.4335 ext 2103
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: Jonathan@wheelsboutique.com

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide / DPE Wheels / Vertini / Work Wheels / D2 Forged / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / Carlsson / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Kooks / Corsa / RENNTech / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / AWE / RSS / BBS / Brembo / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 02-18-2010, 02:19 PM
W1N
W1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Vossen Forged
It wont stretch the tire as much, which will make the sidewall look a bit more squared..
Thanks!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by lamboxray

whats tpms?

edit: just thought about it. tire pressure monitoring system

Last edited by UA///M3; 02-18-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by NOLA911
Congrats man, they are nice cars.

One question though, Why would you post a picture of an older BMW in a thread announcing that you bought a Bentley? That's like posting a picture of a Fiat in a Ferrari thread.
Thanks. The Bmw is not that bad lol.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by WHEELSJ
You can slam the Bentley. It is on air suspension so a little tricking of the ECU and you will be low. As far as 22's you can do 22x9 and 22x11 on the Bentley no question about it. We have even done 24's on the Bentley Flying Spur. i would personally stick to 22's

Let me know if I can get you priced out on a set of wheels. We do have a few options in stock.

Thanks!
I like these wheels. Forgiato Otto. I want a staggered fitment with the widest lip possible in the rear. Can you get me a price?