Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

DICE Install: A Basic 'How To'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 02:33 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Always glad to help and feel free to ask if you have questions.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:48 PM
01bee is on a distinguished road
Has anyone been able to get Sirius to work with the Dice unit? I have heard conflicting reports on whether or not it will work in the Bentley.

Eric

Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Never tried that, though enjoy Pandora, etc from the iTouch though the car.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 11-12-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:38 PM
01bee is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I have been told that you can't do the Sirius because the head unit has no way to change inputs on the Dice unit, but I wonder if you use the optional remote if you can then change the input using the remote.

Eric

Old 02-13-2018, 04:57 PM
Alex G is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello,
I was trying to remove the 6 cd changer of my dad's continental gt 2004 and got a set of metra keys from ebay ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Radio-...72.m2749.l2649 ) for VW thinking they would do the trick ( the passat and other VW models seem to have identical cd changer) and I could not manage to get the cd changer out. I don't know if it's the wrong metra keys but I can't seem to find Bentley keys on ebay or anywhere else. I'm tempted to try what you did but I'm hoping I'm not gonna screw up the glove compartment. The reason why I was trying to remove it is because it doesn't work anymore and I want to sell the car so I was hoping I could be able to service it doing a few things I found on Youtube. Do you think the best thing I should do is dismantle the glove compartment as you did to remove the cd changer? ( at my own risk of course).

Kind regards

Old 02-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Visit a local car audio store as the keys should work. Maybe a 10 Franc tip will get it done. In hindsight, no need to take long way around. Odds are the rear cable is a bit 'pinched' or shaped such that it is hard to pull out unit. Keep in mind the keys plus a bit of pulling, maybe a bit more in effort than usual due to age, to get it out is needed.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:05 AM
Thank you for your answer Steven.
I can hear some sort of click when inserting the keys but they won't stick in, they just come out as soon as I pull on them. I tried to click them inside and pull gently from the front panel but it won't budge. I might consider removing the glove compartment since the car does not have number plates right now and I can't easily drive it on public roads.

Kind regards,

Alex

Last edited by Alex G; 02-14-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:27 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
I may be confused at the moment, but I thought the removal tools were the U shaped ones, not the flat blade, I may be wrong....
Also, I do not remember pulling on the keys to remove the unit, it kind of pops out a little when keys are inserted.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	520851   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171116_143411.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	520852   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171116_134303.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	520853  

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 02-14-2018 at 12:52 PM. Reason: add pics and info
Old 02-14-2018, 06:45 PM
Yes, the U key. Sorry, can't load his link. Thx Johnny for posting.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:19 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
I cut a wire coat hanger up and bent it to shape. Worked just fine.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:54 PM
Hey all and thanks for the answers. I'll have to take a better look at it but from what I understand they are the same cd changers that Audi/VW cars have since it's made by the same company. I'll post pictures tomorrow. By the way it's the cd changer I want to remove not the nav system but I'll edit this tomorrow.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:29 AM
Hey everyone and sorry for the late reply. I finally got the tools to remove the CD changer unit and they aren't what I thought they were so no wonder I couldn't manage with the keys bought on Ebay. Ordered them from flyingspares for only a few bucks. Removed the unit in 3 seconds, the keys just click in and I was able to remove the unit very easily. Here is a picture of how the keys look like.

Kind regards

Old 03-29-2018, 04:34 PM
I tried to fix the CD changer with no success. Removed it with the correct keys and took it apart to clean the mechanical resistor switches (found a guy on youtube explaining it usually is a common issue) then I found the service manual for it on some VW forum by typing the Sony model number (written on the side) only to find out that one needs a special jig board to diagnose the errors. I'm thinking of getting a GROM Audio VAGTU3 with it's Bluetooth adapter to replace that CD changer.