Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Updated Bentley Navigation CD Set

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:13 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure if you mean the CD set or the actual Navi unit from CD based to DVD based.

If you mean updating the CDs to the newer versions... It all really depends on where you plan to travel using the GPS system and how the roadways may have changed. The new 2011 discs benefit greatly from the ~2009 'hyper-accurate' road location data that Navteq, Google and others have done via actual vehicles on the roadway. Since the 2011 set is only $200, it is inexpensive enough to be worth it imho. At only $200 it is only a bit more than two tanks of gas for the Bentley.

If you mean updating to the DVD system, hard to say really and in many ways i doubt it unless you really need to change discs often and hate the hassle factor of that.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-16-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:14 PM
ccrispy will become famous soon enough
What disc do I actually need for an 2007 its DVD based and where can I buy it? I use the car alot in NJ and the navi is terrible!! I have a new Bentley the navi is still not great for the price but it gets me where I need to go & the car is awesome....

Old 04-17-2011, 04:29 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Alas, not sure which DVD would work, probably the same TYPE as used on the BMW DVD NAV. Best bet may be to check with your Bentley dealer and see if they have a newer DVD. Also, ask if the DVD unit you have is using the latest firmware, as a firmware upgrade can make a big difference.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 PM
robsarnage is on a distinguished road
Nav Compatibility

Total newbie here - just bought a 2001 Arnage (amazing car - 14,000 miles!) Is this 98-03 7 series nav disk compatible with my car? Thanks for the help!

Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
1. Welcome to the club.

2. I have no Idea about the disks.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Rob,

Not sure yet if i was a betting man i'd say yes as the data type is very standard format for many GPS modules/systems. Some BMW dealers have the CDs in stock. You could call your local dealer, see if they have it in stock and ask to try a disc to be sure it works. Besides, the dealer may get a nice smile seeing such a lovely car pull into their dealership, as afterall the reapir/parts people are usually 'car guys' who love Bentleys too

Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 AM
bmw530i is on a distinguished road
BMW cd navigation map for sale if interested

I have few of the cd navigation map for BMW, let me know which cd you need, just make sure you need the cd version and not the DVD as it would not work and what area...
e-mail me at pobox21@hotmail.com

Old 06-09-2012, 11:15 AM
stiglerkt is on a distinguished road
The BMW 7 Series (model 1998-2003) CD nav discs work perfectly in my 2005 Continental GT. I purchased the 2012 NAV Update for N. America from the dealership. It comes with 10 CD's. It works perfectly and instantly I can see the roads that were previously missing. No street names on the maps course but that's how Bentley programmed the NAV. All of the points of interests are updated and work perfectly with different map icons, except for the "Bentley Service Center" point of Interest. You wouldn't expect BMW to tell to how to get to the Bentley Dealership right?? LOL

Old 06-10-2012, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by stiglerkt
All of the points of interests are updated and work perfectly with different map icons, except for the "Bentley Service Center" point of Interest. You wouldn't expect BMW to tell to how to get to the Bentley Dealership right?? LOL
True, though check your Bentley owners manual and you'll see an always ready toll free number to call, which is there 24/7/365 for you to call if you should ever need any assistance. Not posting the number(s) here as this is strictly for Bentley owners i assume so don't want to publish it here in the public domain.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:03 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Guys....do you know if the BMW ones will work with my 07 spec GT?

Looking for Hong Kong map.

Thanks
J

Old 06-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Yes, the BMW ones should work with your 07 spec GT if you have the CD-based system.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Does CD base mean individual disc per country which is what I currently have.

Thanks
J

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Yes, the BMW ones should work with your 07 spec GT if you have the CD-based system.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:27 AM
J,

The CD format holds less data than the new DVD-based GPS systems. So yes, the CD set will have multiple discs. Call or visit your local BMW dealer for details of the price and qty of the CDs per set.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Checked the nav disc in my car and its actually the DVD version as attached pic shows.

Has anyone tested the BMW DVD versions in the GT?

Thanks

J

Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I couldn't even get mine to eject.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updated Bentley Navigation CD Set