Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Updated Bentley Navigation CD Set

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 05:30 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Updated Bentley Navigation CD Set

For Europe:
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/home.php?cat=290

Some details of the jist of this is at:
See POST NUMBER 163
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...+navigation+cd

LASTLY... THE BELOW SEEMS TO WORK so go get 'em guys/gals
http://store.bmwgpsmaps.com/prod_01....9BDE4FE777100C
$199

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-13-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:49 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, i just ordered from my local BWM dealer as they are a 2 hour drive each way so am having them ship it to me:

BMW 7 Series 1998 - 2003
North American Map 10-CD Set 2011 Version

As seen at
http://store.bmwgpsmaps.com/prod_01....9BDE4FE777100C

i should have it on Friday and will report back accordingly.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-12-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:04 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Im a impatient psycho so I just ordered one too! Coming tommorow!

Old 01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Also ordered the 2010 maps for my 997 turbo

Old 01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Nice! Let me know if the maps work for you as due to snow mine won't arrive until Friday instead of tomorrow.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Works like a charm!!!!! Soon as I put it in it showed different descriptions for the area im always in! I havent driven with them yet as im replacing an EGT sensor today but so far so good! $199 well spent!!

Old 01-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Excellent!!! Once i get mine i'll go for a drive

These type of discs either work or don't, no in-between as it boils down to the data being encoded correctly for the NAV's computer (think of it like trying to use an Atari 800 program in a Commodore 64).

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-13-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:30 PM
I still don't see street names - honestly I don't even know what I should be looking for! I guess I'll wait for you to tell me what the differences are

Old 01-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Ok, no street names because that is the NAV computers programming and not the data on the discs. You see, the CD software has LOTS of data including street names, phone number entry (instead of address you enter phone number, the computer gives you the address from the data and you can confirm address if that is your destination), etc. So the situation is that Bentley would need to do a simple 'flash' of the NAV computers software to 'open up' more options/features. Of course there is a balance between options/features and possibly inundating some users with 'too much visual data' or 'too many options'. Have a feeling Bentley felt the KISS method was best.

The BMW discussion board guys do have online a way to upgrade their systems via flash/software (not factory authorized for DIY per se, yet it is factory software upgrades). So Bentley could flash the software during normal factory service so that the system overall works 'better' and has more user options. Perhaps if we start asking for it, they will provide it as their NAV system is nothing unique/special per se and have a feeling there is already software out there to 'upgrade' what we have. As for where to find this upgrade software and how to go about it, color me clueless as i do not want to chance it by trying the BMW upgrade software and if it goes wrong i may have then just 'bricked' the GPS system.

-------------

So what DOES the NEW discs offer? Of course updated data/streets/points of interest/etc. Also, it seems the new data gives the NAV computer a bit more accuracy in providing a true shortest/fastest way to your destination. As such, you may find the NAV system gives you a different way to destinations than it did previously. Lastly, there has been A LOT of data added to NAV data over the past three years due to aggressive competition and the lowering of cost to have Google/NavTech/etc vehicles equipped with GPS antenna and data storage capability on the actual roads and logging the data in their vans/vehicles for 'hyper accurate' data mapping. Google Online goes a step further for Google Map users as in big cities you can actually see their 360 degree camera and visualize the actual roads. Of course GPS systems do not offer this virtual visual tracking, it is an online Google Maps thing for the time being (probably due to the massive storage needed to bring it to map NAV software sets for the automobile).

PS: My BMW NAV disc set arrived and it works on the 2006 CGT.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-14-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:10 PM
BTW, was on the road today and had the NAV window on the large center panel. During certain newish sections of road the data is far better and very accurate, moreso than the older stock CDs of course. Well worth the $199 imho if you use the GPS system.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Just wish it would show the street names!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:24 AM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
Would these disks work on an 05 GT?

And anyone willing to sell me the TX disc so I can try it out?

Thanks.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Yes, will work in a 2005. If you really only want Texas, check some BMW discussion boards as some guys are 'parting out' disc sets.

F430spider, street names can be shown IF Bentley allowed such things via their NAV computer's programming. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so contact the factory and see if they will make available a NAV computer programming update.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 02-17-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 AM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
Thanks, I see some are selling them for 20 bucks... that's a great deal.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:26 PM
ccrispy will become famous soon enough
Hey I have an 07 GTC I was thinking of updating my navi. I was wondering if it is worth it does it make that much of a difference?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updated Bentley Navigation CD Set