Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

bentley bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 07:34 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
bentley bluetooth

Does this thing just suk or what?? Connected my blackberry for the first time and it dials but keeps disconnecting me - and no phone book transfer - it can't be this bad!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:39 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
earlier bentley BT and Navi is garbage. there is a whole compatibility issue with BT for some reason. it got better through the model years but it's still not great. you may have to try another phone.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:15 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
As i put my computer geek hat yet again this week.

The Bluetooth in the pre-2008 Bentley GT is an older system and works with rSAP and it is hit-n-miss with HFT. rSAP (remote-SIM-Access-Profile) is great with my old HTC FUZE, as rSAP actually reads the SIM card and thus uses the car's built-in cellular system (Tx/Rx/Amp/Antenna) system and so your phone is then really nothing more than a SIM card holder/address book while the car's antenna and Tx/Rx system does all the real work.

The HFT is an older system and seems lackluster with many of the new phones. As an example, the new Windows Phone 7 tries to work with the Bentley system and it misses the mark. There are upgrades to the stock unit, i think for around $1400 and installed by your local Bentley service center.

One option i have been waiting for is for DICE Electronics to release a VW version of their Mediabridge http://diceelectronics.com/media-bridge-info . This would work not only as a way to bypass the 6-Disc changer and for music use an iPod/iTouch/iPhone, it would also add the latest in Bluetooth integration. i use the Dice Electronics iPod Car with an iTouch for music, so the MediaBridge would simply add better Bluetooth capability plus the needed 'mute audio when on phone' integration.

Hope this helps.

PS: Have been talking with software engineers both at Mocrosoft and my friend who is VERY VERY high up the cellular phone food chain/consumer electronics management at Samsung USA about adding rSAP to the Windown Phone 7. No word of if the drivers/software will be added as they tend to be mum about such things until an update is released. rSAP is a great system and uses the far better Bentley cell phone Rx/Tx/Antenna system versus what is built into the phone.

PPS: It is not just Bentley as Audi, Mercedes and other high-end 'older' European cars use the same Bluetooth system and thus are suffering the same fate.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-14-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:06 PM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
Funny - I have a Berry, iPhone and the new Dell Windows 7 Phone - (the latter is GREAT). Annoyed at first with the Berry issues but realized that it stopped me from checking the berry when I was driving (and emailing/texting). Not a bad idea - perhaps that should be standard.......

Old 01-15-2011, 05:57 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, just got word from Dice Electronics about a VW version that will solve our Bluetooth issues. And i quote:

Hello Steve,

Yes, development gave us the date of the third week of April.

Best Regards,

tel 888.342.3999 x121
fax 775.546.6012
jessie@diceelectronics.com

------------------

Still.... i'd prefer rSAP over Bluetooth any day of the week.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-15-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:00 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Hmmm, mine works flawlessly. Best of all my cars

Old 01-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by raclaims
Hmmm, mine works flawlessly. Best of all my cars
Yes, you have the 2009 CGT that has a more advanced Bluetooth unit than the 2007 and earlier models. Those with older Bluetooth can get the upgrade from the factory.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:29 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Im scared to ask what that costs - right now as soon as the phone dials with my blackberry - connects and hangs up

Old 01-16-2011, 01:20 PM
$350... reasonable and plug and play once you remove the 6-disc changer.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
with what kind of upgrade? you mean like a mobridge unit? why would i need to get rid of the changer? i am one of those guys that actually likes the changer..

Old 01-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by F430Spider
with what kind of upgrade? you mean like a mobridge unit? why would i need to get rid of the changer? i am one of those guys that actually likes the changer..
If you actually want to keep the cd changer then you are SOL

As for 'upgrade', the Dice unit that will be available in a few months for the VW/Bentley has all the latest Bluetooth capability (pus of course iPod/USB Drive/etc music capability).

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-16-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:30 AM
urosrgn is on a distinguished road
Bentley media bridge

Does anyone have info about when the Dice Media Bridge for Bentley/VW will be available? It was supposed to be last April I believe.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:56 AM
You are correct, it was to be available MONTHS ago yet is still MIA. You may want to contact them and ask the status and then let us know. Many thanks.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
You are correct, it was to be available MONTHS ago yet is still MIA. You may want to contact them and ask the status and then let us know. Many thanks.
Still no news on a release date?

Old 09-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Not thaat i am aware of. Did you contact them?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: bentley bluetooth