Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

---Bentley GT ---what gives???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Tmainevent will become famous soon enough
---Bentley GT ---what gives???

I am new to the market for a Continental GT. Looking at 2005's with 18-25k miles for my money. What are the major issues and minor issues known to this board on these cars? Particulars I should look for?

Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated. If there was a previous thread I missed, please point me in the right direction!

Thanks

Old 04-07-2011, 09:20 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hi, the main things to look for are that the coil packs have been replaced (which odds are they have been). Most other niggles have probably already been dealt with as the car has good milage on her.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-08-2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
Come on over.. You won't regret it!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Tmainevent will become famous soon enough
Hey Guys---Thanks for the heads up...so I guess it is for the most part the typical Audi issues...coil packs...great news. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:47 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Exactly since Audi and Bentley (and Lambo, Bugatti, etc) are part of the VW Group. Odds are the company got a bad batch/design of coil packs. Of course has been fixed and all is well. Like Jake said, "Come on over.. You won't regret it!" She is great sun, rain, hot temps, cold snow, etc.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-11-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:12 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
Ours (an 08 GTC, 7200 miles) has spent no less than 4 months during 11 Visits to the Local ( Florida) Bentley store for issues, mostly electrical and trim, since we got it in Jan '10.

The roof jammed, therefore were not able to open the trunk, on Christmas eve with all of our gifts and a fresh turkey in the trunk.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 AM
robbiemac is on a distinguished road
was it bought from them, are they paying the price for the slightly off smell in the car?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:36 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robbiemac
was it bought from them, are they paying the price for the slightly off smell in the car?

Old 04-12-2011, 05:41 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tmainevent
Hey Guys---Thanks for the heads up...so I guess it is for the most part the typical Audi issues...coil packs...great news. Thanks!
It's a shame when people start calling frequent electrical issues, just typical. In my book high end cars should be just as reliable as a Honda.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by ice350
It's a shame when people start calling frequent electrical issues, just typical.
Agree FREQUENT problems are NOT typical and should not happen in any quality car. The coil pack was a single event.

Of course wpgfordguy's apparent issues seem to be far away not acceptable by any measure. From personal experience, the 06 CGT has been very reliable and she just sits outside (no garage) and is driven rain, sun, snow, etc as a daily driver (over 7k miles this past year alone and has 33k miles on her).

Old 04-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Agree FREQUENT problems are NOT typical and should not happen in any quality car. The coil pack was a single event.

Of course wpgfordguy's apparent issues seem to be far away not acceptable by any measure. From personal experience, the 06 CGT has been very reliable and she just sits outside (no garage) and is driven rain, sun, snow, etc as a daily driver (over 7k miles this past year alone and has 33k miles on her).
Same here. Except mine is in the garage.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:27 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
Give credit where due... the tech stayed late on Xmas eve to get the trunk open to resuce the bird and the gifts from certain disaster.

Back in again today for the second roof in 60 days >

Old 04-12-2011, 02:46 PM
robbiemac is on a distinguished road
oh dear mate, that's not so good, I did have some teething problems when I got mine, but thankfully it's all working perfectly.

I'm sure they will sort it.

Make sure you get a decent loan car.... like another bentley! not a BMW (as they do here), last time mine was in I got a nice supoer sports for a week... I was in no hurry to get mine back!

Old 04-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Make sure you get a decent loan car.... like another bentley! not a BMW (as they do here), last time mine was in I got a nice supoer sports for a week... I was in no hurry to get mine back!
Hmm... ALMOST makes me want to have 'a situation' if they give loaners like that. Wonder if they'd mind the loaner coming back with almost no tire tread and highly worn brake pads due to a few track days

wpgfordguy, wow Xmas eve he stayed late to make sure your family was taken care of! As we know, cars are things, yet Xmas and food/presents are priceless. That is impressive.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-12-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Ray G is on a distinguished road

Oh man, the dealer here has Nissan Sentra's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.