Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

memory seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
memory seat

memory seat doesn't work today?press all 1,2,3 button not recall???is it fuse problem??

Old 11-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by ccwboy
memory seat doesn't work today?press all 1,2,3 button not recall???is it fuse problem??
I Found my fuse box missing fuse no.8 slot 60A fuse...what is the (CM) mean ???

Old 11-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
I have no idea, but it looks like the cigar lighter does not need it.. so weww, that was close..

Break out the cubans.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Jackedwards
I have no idea, but it looks like the cigar lighter does not need it.. so weww, that was close..

Break out the cubans.
also have the fuse box below the steel wheels.but the fuse is fine.so i think the first one missing fuse make my memory seat out of service

Old 11-21-2011, 08:15 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
CM might mean Computer Module????

Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Mine did not work at first either but after I went through the initializing steps and it is fine now. Try that next.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Mine did not work at first either but after I went through the initializing steps and it is fine now. Try that next.

how to initializing?

Old 11-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
how to initializing?
It is in the owners manual and I do not have it in front of me but it goes something like this:

with the ignition on move the seat through all the range of motions to thier extremes and hold briefly:
back and forth
up and down
tilt and back ect.

this reprograms the computer to "see" the seats
Cowboy if you need more accurate instructions let me know and I can bring the book in and copy it down for you.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:50 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
I gotta try that - similar to the window program

Old 11-22-2011, 09:42 AM
It is in the owners manual and I do not have it in front of me but it goes something like this:

with the ignition on move the seat through all the range of motions to thier extremes and hold briefly:
back and forth
up and down
tilt and back ect.

this reprograms the computer to "see" the seats
Cowboy if you need more accurate instructions let me know and I can bring the book in and copy it down for you.
thank Dr.Disaster.is great i can follow instructions.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:39 PM
thank Dr.Disaster.is great i can follow instructions.
Here it is copied from the manual. You owe me big time bro. I don't type to fast or well. Big smile!
The memory system is initialized as follows:

- Open the driver’s door, switch the ignition on but do not start the engine.
- Adjust the drivers seat so that it is positioned all the way forward, then continue to press the sear control for a further two seconds.

Repeat the procedure but this time position the seat all the way rearward.

-Repeat the above procedure, adjusting to both movement extremities, for all the individual seat adjustment control/ positions( height, tilt, backrest and cushion) Remember to hold the button for the two second period at the extremity of each adjustment.

Repeat the three steps above for the front passenger seat.

-The driver must then initialize the steering column adjustment control by moving the column to the uppermost and lowest settings, then fully forward and rearward, holding the control for two seconds at the extremity of each adjustment.

Following successful initialization the memory settings will need to be reprogrammed.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Here it is copied from the manual. You owe me big time bro. I don't type to fast or well. Big smile!
YOU ARE SUPER NICE.thank so much.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:04 AM

you are the expert Dr.Disaster...it back to work now.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:09 AM
ccwboy, glad to be of some help.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:38 PM
cl600bill is on a distinguished road
Thanks Dr. for this old post. It solved my problem with the memory seat. I had tried all the seat resets from instructions on the VW Phaeton site but missed the steering wheel resets. Problem solved --- trip to dealer avoided. Still may have to visit dealer for keyless key programming on 2 brand new keys. Any suggestions there?
Also, has anyone found an online owners manual for a 2006 Continental GT? Need the info but not in a leather bound $300 to $500 edition.
Thanks again

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: memory seat