Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Steven BMW NAV

Old 12-17-2011, 09:51 AM
gliozzi is on a distinguished road
Steven BMW NAV

Steven

Received The BMW upgraded copied disc last night.

I burned a disc from the copy.

It works perfect, it even shows my road which the final map recorded in 2004.

The road right next to mine does not show up, it was recorded in 2007.

I am thinking I might not have the 2011 version.

If you have the 2011 disc one and I give you the street and house # could

you see if it shows up in your NAV system?

I am going to do a little more research on the service, I will PM.

Thanks bob

Old 12-18-2011, 07:19 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Bob, i could check yet since the official CDs are only $200 for the complete set, maybe you can buy an official disc for your area from someone here on from the BMW guys. Have a feeling touting pirated software on this board is a no-no.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Yes you are right about that. Monday I will send you the address.

Well Steven I did it again, last night at a Holiday party my buddy and I have agreed to have a grudge race at Sacramento Drag Strip. He will be driving his 2011 ZO6 automatic.
I am counting on my experience to over come his weight to HP advantage along with his street tires and his traction control to lower his HP off the line. I read a old article in Car and Driver stating the ZO6 2009 test went 0 to 60 3.6 1/4 mile 11.7. Going to check out the stats on the web today hoping the test car was a stick shift on racing slicks.. If the ZO6 was tested completely stock, I think I will concede the win today.

Thanks again
bob

Old 12-18-2011, 03:02 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Bob, i think the Z06 will win providing all other things being equal (staging/lights and initial bite, car launching skills, shifts, etc). Odds are he can also stop from same speed to 0 in a shorter distance too. The sheer weight of the Bentley does place it at a disadvantage. Still, would be interested in the outcome and you can post times/speeds. The newer generation Vettes do impress me for 'thills and capability for the dollar'... though the Nissan Skyline/GT-R is a MONSTER capable of devouring far costlier cars in performance/capability.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
My money is on the Vette too.

I know of a guy in the area with a heavily modified Z06 that ate a GTR on the drag strip. I saw a pic of the car with the front wheels off the ground. Still rather own the GT for all around driving and showing. These Bentleys really get the looks around here. A Vette will barely turn a head unless it is smoking it's tires. Love em all but I'm a Bentley man now.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Steven
My buddy's email this morning corrected me, he does not have a ZO6 it is a Grand Sport. Never heard of that model, he said it was slower than a zo6.
He has owed every Corvette series from 1955 to the present. I once owed a silver anniversary 1978, also the last year of that style. Your right about the looksy factor, not sure if they are looking at the car or the blonde driving me around HA HA.

Question for you. Can I buy a upper end battery tender instead of the factory one and save 300$?

The address for the NAV.
Calif.
Stanislaus county
Oakdale
Carmel Court

Last edited by gliozzi; 12-19-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Forgot info
Old 12-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by gliozzi
Can I buy a upper end battery tender instead of the factory one and save 300$?
Absolutely! Here is what i use:
www.amazon.com/CTEK-Multi-7002-Battery-Charger/dp/B000FRLO9Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324325373&sr=8-1 www.amazon.com/CTEK-Multi-7002-Battery-Charger/dp/B000FRLO9Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324325373&sr=8-1

As for the address, not sure it'll work for me. Maybe someone here in Calif can check it???

Old 12-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks Again Steven

Old 01-31-2012, 03:42 PM
joekimdds is on a distinguished road
how much more detail does the nav 2011 bmw version show vs 2005 bentley's...street names? better graphics? thanks in advance

Old 02-01-2012, 02:57 AM
Joe, there is simply far more data that is more accurate. Whilst it will not show individule 'smaller' roads (that are not on your route) as you drive, that is the software/decoding/display settings (we can't access). Still, when you do need to reach a destination, the new maps/data has more to offer.