Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

AMS Archetype tune on a 2004 Continental GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 03:31 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
AMS Archetype tune on a 2004 Continental GT

Over the past year we’ve been developing our in-house European ECU tuning capabilities. While there are a lot of companies offering ‘tunes’ for European cars, only a handful actually develop their own tunes from scratch. Most companies just resell generic tuning files and have no experience or knowledge of how to calibrate an engine. AMS has been tuning cars on the dyno, at the track, and at rally stages for well over 10 years now. The knowledge we’ve gained from in depth stand alone ECU engine tuning and also what we’ve learned from our own engine development programs now gets translated in our new line of European tuning. A great example of this is tuning philosophy shows in the recent tune we did for a 2004 Bentley Continental GT.

The car came to us completely stock and after a few baseline pulls made 437WHP on our Dynojet all wheel drive dyno. After pulling the factory file off it we began the tuning process. We changed a good amount of parameters in the ECU including timing, fuel, boost levels, rev limits, speed limits, cam timing and others. We tuned these parameters and logged after every change to make sure that we got the most accurate tune possible.

After our Archetype ECU calibration the car gained around 110WHP and over 110 ft/lbs of torque in some areas, more than any other tune we’ve seen available for the Continental GT! There was room for more power but we built in a buffer of safety in case of poor fuel quality, extreme temperatures, or other outside influences. Overall the car picked up a healthy amount of power across the entire RPM range with no sacrifice to drive ability or reliability.

Stock HP: 552 hp
Archetype Tune : 680 hp

Stock Torque: 479 ft-lbs
Archetype Tune: 580 ft-lbs

Last edited by AMS; 01-26-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Stoppiesteve is on a distinguished road
Exhaust

To obtain these results, did you have any other upgrades to intake or exhaust?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:49 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stoppiesteve
To obtain these results, did you have any other upgrades to intake or exhaust?
Mechanically it is completely stock, the only modification is the AMS Archetype Tune!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Former Vendor
CharlesAfter will become famous soon enough
That's a serious power bump! Nice job guys.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Price?

What is list price for the tune?

Old 01-27-2012, 07:57 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Charles@AfterFX
That's a serious power bump! Nice job guys.
thanks

Originally Posted by Stoppiesteve
What is list price for the tune?
PM being sent

Old 01-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I noticed the horizontal parameter is done in mph, why? Most dynojet graphs
I have seen use rpm for this axis please tell me why you have chosen the mph? Nice gains however.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:25 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
great work guys! You forsee any issues with the drivetrain at these power levels and above?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
Mitch@AMS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I noticed the horizontal parameter is done in mph, why? Most dynojet graphs
I have seen use rpm for this axis please tell me why you have chosen the mph? Nice gains however.
We chose this axis for this chart since the pickup was a little wavy is all. Normally the charts are in RPM.

Mitch

Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Former Vendor
Mitch@AMS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GBXSport
great work guys! You forsee any issues with the drivetrain at these power levels and above?
The drivetrain should be fine at this power level.

Mitch

Old 01-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Too much power

I assume I'm similar to many owners here when I ask... How do we know the drivetrain won't explode under this much power? The B already is known for good power and longevity. i.e. balance in the engineering. Is there any supporting data to what B makes the drivetrain for (power to usage ratios)? Built for 700HP, deployed at 550 for example.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I would expect that no manufacture builds a drive train ready to fail with a 1% power increase. A more telling question, imo, would be what parts are most likely to suffer strain with potential failure first? Second? Third ect.? Where is the weakest link?