Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Back-up Camera Not Working

Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Back-up Camera Not Working

Back-up camera just quit working. I am not sure if it matters but at the dealer in Atlanta they said it was an aftermarket camera. I bought my car as used so could not confirm that or not. I bet I should check the fuse any one know where that is located?

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Back-up camera just quit working. I am not sure if it matters but at the dealer in Atlanta they said it was an aftermarket camera. I bought my car as used so could not confirm that or not. I bet I should check the fuse any one know where that is located?

Thanks.
In the fuse holder.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Grwisher
In the fuse holder.
Yes my new super brain friend. Now without looking at the manuel ,which one and in which position within the holder?

Oops I may have just admitted that I am to lazy to look for myself. I could dig the book out and read it some. Really I hope it is something simple like that.

You need some more seat time and are not afraid of miles why don't you drive over to my house an check it for me.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Hey doc, interesting that it's an aftermarket. What year is yours? And where's the camera?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:41 AM
First to Grwisher, you know i was playing take no offense.

Ken mine is an 07. The camera is center just above the tag mount. It is small and looks good. I was telling the dealer that I tried to mount the Harley Davidson chrome tag cover but could not as there was not enough space to slide the tag cover under the camera. That is when he said it was an after market. I really would like another opinion on the matter. I wonder how i could find out who is the maker of the camera?

I did not look at the book last night but I have some concern that if it is an after market they could have used a fuse location that is unconventional and therefore hard to find.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
First to Grwisher, you know i was playing take no offense.
None taken. You will find that I am just as oblivious to offending remarks as I am ****. You have already offended me on the **** part previously. Ooops

Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 AM
We're good. Oh being **** is a complement. If it is a trait I have and I attribute that to you then it is a complement of the highest order. I am sure you like me are very humble.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Cartronics
We have the aftermarket systems and use an OEM camera (that has had only ONE fail ever). We are also in Atlanta. Sometimes shops buy our interfaces and use cheap cameras to make a buck… Either way we can solve the problem for you.
Thanks for the reply. I will check fuses and if no success we may come on down . If i do I will pm ahead to arrange an appointment.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:07 PM
We're good. Oh being **** is a complement. If it is a trait I have and I attribute that to you then it is a complement of the highest order. I am sure you like me are very humble.
Yes, indeed! Just like you and Steve Jobs.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 AM
I looked through the books this weekend and never did see a fuse four the backup camera. I am still lost any ideas?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:38 AM
orandaberg is on a distinguished road
My question is where is the video screen? Is there a video input on the OEM system?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by orandaberg
My question is where is the video screen? Is there a video input on the OEM system?
If I understand you the screen is the infotainment main screen where all the systems are displayed. There must be a video input somehow because the camera did work.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 PM
turbosonoma is on a distinguished road
did you ever sort this out?

Old 05-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Grwisher
None taken. You will find that I am just as oblivious to offending remarks as I am ****. You have already offended me on the **** part previously. Ooops
Now boys lets play nice.😄She is back and damm she is FAST!

Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by turbosonoma
did you ever sort this out?
Not yet but I have decided that since my unit is an aftermarket product it will be easy and cheap to have a new camera put on and run wire if needed. Just to lazy to take the car into the shop.

Wedgeduck glad to see on road again.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back-up Camera Not Working