Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Finding a Place....?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Finding a Place....?

Where can i find a place or track where I can really run this car?

I recall Enjoythemusic speaking of taking a car to a track to drive it fast or aggressive instead of doing that on the public roads. What sort of search should i do? can anyone point me in the right direction.? I live close to Knoxville TN.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:10 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm... not sure in your area who runs events, though ask Ian at www.scda1.com/contact/ . He is a great guy and runs HPDE events in the Northeast. You can always call your local road course track and usually they can help you as well with various clubs that may be appropriate for your vehicle/experience.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
" You can always call your local road course track "
That is just it I do not know of one around here but I will check the link you gave me.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
No worries, Ian knows......... everyone. He is a great guy and tell him i say hi

Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
You also might try hookedondriving dot com
I know they offer some events at the Atlanta Motorsports Park that "may" be close to you?
Don't know about the folks on the east coast, but I've been to several of their events at Thunderhill here in
Northern California and had a great time.

In any event, driving a car on a track is a good way to explore the limits (of the car and the driver) and to have fun with it safely...go for it!

Last edited by DonL; 03-06-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: removed active link
Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Hmm, not sure how close you are to VIR, yet their schedule is at http://virnow.com/track/calendar/ . Am sure you could probably get in to the Ferrari events easily. Perhaps call them and ask about other events that may fit your needs (434) 822-7700

Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
SCDA has special requirements for roll bars the may prohibit the GTC from running their events.

I may call the Virginia track to see if I can get on somehow. They are much closer than the others, thanks.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
SCDA has special requirements for roll bars the may prohibit the GTC from running their events.
Well, being safe on a track IS key, so can't say i blame SCDA if the CGT can't pass the normal and simple pre race tack inspection 'broomstick' test.

I may call the Virginia track to see if I can get on somehow. They are much closer than the others, thanks.
Nice.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 03-08-2012 at 10:55 AM.