Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Are You Getting the Video and Stare?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 04:58 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, ok. FINE, be that way guys. Ok here's the deal....

Typical lovely New England summer drive in the Ferrari with the targa top off. The warmth of the sun, the feel of the wind, the sound of the modded engine/lightweight race clutch/flywheel pack as i smoke a nice aged cigar and go for a fun-filled drive through the countryside. It is nothing new really, did drives to nowhere for fun weekly, call it the advantages of making your own work schedule.

So there is happy me on a spirited drive while smoking a cigar and needed petrol because, well, you know why. So pull up to the station and started filling the car up. This Dodge Caravan (or some other Soccer Mom type thing) pulls in and this 35-ish woman gets out to fill her vehicle. So far so good, life is happy, the sun is out. Glorious day driving!

And then it happens.

Yup, she sees me all happy filling the Ferrari and makes a snide comment about, well.... the car and how i must be making up for some deficiency in the, eh hem, man-vegetables department (she used a more direct phrase of course). So me being me, and happy and comfortable with who i am and the drive and day wre so glorious, like being drunk on life.... anywho, so i started to undo my undies/shorts and dropped 'em to the ground. The look on her face was priceless!!! Gawd i so wish i had video of this. To make a long story short, she stared at it and stared at it... and never said another word to me. Put in another few more dollars of petrol, put the pump back, then pulled up my shorts and drove away.

Moral of the story (perhaps especially in certain parts of LA) is one should be careful what they say to others... as they could be packing big heat.

True story, No BS here.

Ok, one more story.

So i'm in the far left lane waiting at a traffic light to make a left turn. Yup another one of those pesky Dodge Caravans or the like to my right waiting on light too. A guy driving, kids in back. i see him digging the Ferrari, smiling.... Then SUDDENLY his head jerks towards me and he quickly turns to the passenger seat and some type of argument ensues. YUP, his wife saw his digging the car and smacked the shoot out of him. Poor guy.

Truly do feel for others and the lifestyle they are situated within as a REAL and LOVING partnership/marriage is about supporting one another and allowing the other to dream big and take steps to achieve it (among other things). Sadly, this guy's wife obviously does not support his dreams. Bummer

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 11-09-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Note to self-be ready at the pump and hope it's not to cold out.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Note to self-be ready at the pump and hope it's not to cold out.
Me too. They will be making more crazy comments since I am Asian. And yes in congested cities like LA you really have to mind your Ps and Qs.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 11-09-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are funny! The Bentley is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT car and, as such, seems to have a more refined appreciation from others. Just MHO of course. So Ms. B is all smiles... yet still not as 'happy' as that blinged BMW

Old 11-09-2012, 09:43 AM
I had a land yacht once. A 1963 Lincoln Continental. And man, I use to get the blues with offhanded remarks. But with those suicide doors and pretty much restored, on gangster white walls, custom 4 wheel discbrakes, CA black plates, it's hard to hate.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
I had a land yacht once. A 1963 Lincoln Continental...
What? No pics?

You........big.....tease.......you!

Damn, i'd love to have one of those one day all blacked out, dark tint... Totally gangSTAR. Just play the below song on the maxed out car stereo...

Old 11-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I will go pull out the ride. And take pics for you. My friend is keepin that tradition alive. His shop is down the street.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:29 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
...Moral of the story (perhaps especially in certain parts of LA) is one should be careful what they say to others... as they could be packing big heat...
Or a big fuel nozzle

But to raise the tone somewhat, it's unlikely anyone would say that to you in the GTC... but not as much fun either!

Old 11-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by kensilver
Or a big fuel nozzle

But to raise the tone somewhat, it's unlikely anyone would say that to you in the GTC... but not as much fun either!

Old 02-14-2013, 03:03 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Reviving this old but interesting thread because I've previously said no-one has commented on my CGT/s. Well, that changed today when a guy at the gas station at the next pump told me it was a "great looking car, very stylish," and we got talking.

This was my new 2012 which looks stunning in granite. I think the reason I got the compliment was because I was in jeans. Normally I wear dress trousers and an open business shirt when I go to into the city - even though it's only 5 minutes away. Just feels better, but jeans makes me an every-guy I guess and approachable.

Otherwise it gets lots of looks from everyone on and off the road. Great road presence!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Just yesterday at a light a guy motions me to roll down the window and asks what kind of car it is. I told him and he remarked, that is a beautify car, and I thanked him. My wife is stoic in the car. Last week she followed me to the Harley shop while I dropped off a bike. I saw people looking at her but she never makes eye contact or even looks around. She is actually embarrassed to drive it and does not like to be noticed. A mule with blinders on.

Ken I expect my car is more rare to the area in which I live.

We do have some new members are you getting noticed in your car?

Old 02-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Just yesterday at a light a guy motions me to roll down the window and asks what kind of car it is. I told him and he remarked, that is a beautify car, and I thanked him. My wife is stoic in the car. Last week she followed me to the Harley shop while I dropped off a bike. I saw people looking at her but she never makes eye contact or even looks around. She is actually embarrassed to drive it and does not like to be noticed. A mule with blinders on.

Ken I expect my car is more rare to the area in which I live.

We do have some new members are you getting noticed in your car?
Ah Doc, you boys get the attention of rock stars, celebs and jocks. For us poor fellas out here, it's not as common, but can be seen on your daily commute.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Ah Doc, you boys get the attention of rock stars, celebs and jocks. For us poor fellas out here, it's not as common, but can be seen on your daily commute.
Don't forget the drug dealers.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:06 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Strange, my FS totally flies under the radar....no comments.
My other cars get more attention.
I guess it also depends on geography - I'm in SoCal.