Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Are You Getting the Video and Stare?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Are You Getting the Video and Stare?

I went to town the other day and noticed quite a few people looking at the car. One was an older couple with the lady in the drivers seat. For a mature lady she was doing an awful amount of staring.

On the interstate I came up on two young black fellows in a large SUV, ball caps turned sideways and the whole hip hop look. This is the stereotypical very interested viewer. I noticed the driver taking video with his cell phone and the passenger leaning over trying to shoot video also. I waived and smiled as they went by. I could not resist giving more show so I went around them on the gas hard. A mile or two later there they were again coming up on the left, still taking video on the phones. I smiled, waved and turned off the ramp. The excitement on their faces was priceless, like little kids on Christmas morning.

Later at gas pump a 20y/o male came up and said nice car, what kind is it? I told him a Bentley Continental and he yelled back to companion, "It's a Bentley"! I paid for the gas and came out after they salivated all over the car and they asked questions about the motor and performance. They were thrilled and one guy had to shake my hand. When I walked out I heard the other say, "God look at those boots". The black Caiman Crocodile Belly boots are the s--t for sure.

Do you all get the looks and attention where you drive? Have any good stories?

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 04-10-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:10 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Do you all get the looks and attention where you drive? Have any good stories?
Too many stories... some of which can't be posted here

Let's see, there was the Paris Hilton look-alike who insisted, variety of single middle-aged mothers, the young college people, the mother/grandmother combination at the bank, guy at mall with his kid in the stroller, the Chevy Caravan family filled with kids at a gas station, the mother with high-school daughter in the back seat who both waved at me for a long time at a stop light (i guess thinking i was someone famous)....

It seems to me the Bentley transcends any notion of being pigeon-holed into a certain age or gender type. Everyone loves the car, and better still, shows appreciation and respect for the marque. Very approachable and desirable.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-11-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I hope the members take this thread in the spirit in which it was intended. It is not a bragging arrogant post from my perspective.

When I bought the car I never expected it to be so recognized in my area. After some time on the road, 6000 miles since October, I do agree with you Steven that the car appeals to a wide range of people. I see it this way if my car gives others pleasure then that is great. I have given friends and business associates rides an even let a few drive it. I get pleasure from others enjoying the car also.

I have had to turn down rides for some young females for the sake of the marriage(mine).

Old 04-13-2012, 04:23 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I hope the members take this thread in the spirit in which it was intended...
Yeah, we KNOW it was really all about the croc boots

Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kensilver
SHHHhhh!!! We were letting that slide, but since you said...

Old 04-14-2012, 01:49 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Well, you guys must have some magnetic sox appeal, because nobody says boo to me. I'm shunned at the gas station, no grandma has spent hours stalking me, kids just look and don't say anything (which is how all kids should behave anyway), and none of the baseball hat fraternity does anything more than stare out their window.

I'm mildly surprised because I was used to getting positivity from everyone in the Vanquish. The CGT has been a bit of a letdown in that regard. Maybe I'll have to engage in some spirited exhibition driving to get the right reaction.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to invest in some boots. The investment is never-ending!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Atta boys stick it to me. I was wondering when you all were going to wake up from your naps.

I want to get a camera and if I learn to use it I may post pics.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Took the car up to the next county yesterday through the only town in that county. Yes it is the poorest county in TN. As I drove by the courthouse and main square there were many idle folks on the street. I do believe they all stared at that "black convertible" that slid on past. I am sure it was the first Bentley to ever be on that stretch of blacktop. I almost felt guilty about flaunting that kind of wealth and luxury in such a poor place.

The curvy mountain roads in that area can not be beat. My 3.5 mile commute from the office to the house took 65 miles.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:06 PM
...I almost felt guilty about flaunting that kind of wealth and luxury in such a poor place...
Someone wisely said that it was important for exotic cars to be driven and exhibited frequently to give inspiration to everyone who saw them. I agree wholeheartedly - I've bought a number of cars because I saw them in the flesh on the road.

The two magnificent Continental GTs that roared out behind me from a roundabout in UK back in 2003 was my inspiration for my present buy. That moment is as vivid in my mind now as it was then when I was a spotty, er, 50-something year-old

You never know who might see you and change the world by working harder or cleverer. I know whenever I occasionally lose enthusiasm for my daily tasks, I think of the Veyron that could be sitting pretty in my garage, and it spurs me on!

Last edited by kensilver; 04-29-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 AM
You never know who might see you and change the world by working harder or cleverer. I know whenever I occasionally lose enthusiasm for my daily tasks, I think of the Veyron that could be sitting pretty in my garage, and it spurs me on!
Well that is fresh way to look at it, thanks.

I had a buddy joke about my "Bugatti" the other day. I am going to a Cars and Coffee event this coming Saturday and hoping to see a bunch of motivation. Oh BTW I am at work today$.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM
...I am going to a Cars and Coffee event this coming Saturday and hoping to see a bunch of motivation...
From some pics I've seen on Business Insider recently, these events attract some nice rides. Seen any CGT's there? They don't seem to feature much in shows, even though there's 40,000 of them out there in the world somewhere.

I was looking at a top 10 luxury cars list the other day, and our brand was also woefully missed. Ah well, maybe we're too 'special.'

Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 AM
I was looking at a top 10 luxury cars list the other day, and our brand was also woefully missed. Ah well, maybe we're too 'special.'
Wrong magazine perhaps? Try the May 2012 Penthouse magazine on page 78 and there you'll see a truly gorgeous, captivating, perfectly curvacious, absolutely stunning lady in white....

Umm, not that i get such magazines of course. Am just sayin'...

Old 05-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Was she driving a CGT? That's my only interest these days.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Was she driving a CGT? That's my only interest these days.
Damn Ken you are old.

I don't see the CGT as a super flashy car, more to the luxury side than sport and quite expensive so I agree we are a select group that some might call special. I will let you all know what i see but I doubt there will be another Bentley there. I bet I see more Porsche, Jag and Merc. I expect a Ferrari a Lambo an Aston and a Maserati. I bet there are more than four Corvettes.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Was she driving a CGT?
This answer has multiple possibilities...

1. She was not driving.

2. Bentleys are generally driven by selective and refined men of impeccable taste and driving talent, who always open the passenger door for their loved one. So naturally he was driving.

3. Had to go back and look at that page in the Penthouse magazine, all i saw was the 10 Cars That Gets A Pet's Motor Running car photos. Great cars too! Hmm, taking a second look.... hmmm... Wow, there is a woman in the photo with the Bentley CGT! Seems all she can afford to wear are these teeny tiny panties... and she must be quite cold because her nip... And this is in Penthouse no less! i am shocked!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are You Getting the Video and Stare?