Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Is The Wife Jealous-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Is The Wife Jealous-

Of your car? I think my wife is beginning to dislike the car? She said something about my alter ego and such? Maybe she feels threatened by the Bentley?

It does turn on easily
It's fast
It's sexy

Old 04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor
sales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nice
There is only one solution to this:

Buy her a Bentley

Old 04-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
There is only one solution to this:

Buy her a Bentley
Duh, note to self, Never listen to anything from ECU Group.

Bull to the S--T! She does not envy the car for herself, she just thinks she is getting second place. She is also very threatened that any female may look at me in the car.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor
sales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nice
I guess you didn't sense the sarcasm to that post. I thought I could shed some humor

But anyways, you're right. I would assume she feels second.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
I guess you didn't sense the sarcasm to that post. I thought I could shed some humor

But anyways, you're right. I would assume she feels second.
I am sorry I did not hear the tone of voice right.

sarcasm |ˈsärˌkazəm|
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt: his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment.

I took it as more as a scorning sneer of scoffing cynicism OR as mindless drivel from the completely insane. LOL

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 04-16-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:07 PM
speedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the rough
Simply solution: keep car trade wife

Old 04-16-2012, 03:10 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Is The Wife Jealous of your car?
Wife?

Oh snap!!! i remember wife. That was ever so long ago...

About 10 years ago I 'upgraded' from Girlfriend 8.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected.

I decided to forego all the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by upgrading to Girlfriend 9.0. However, even that option has many problems. Apparently, you cannot install one version of Girlfriend before you completely uninstall the old version first. To make matters worse, the uninstall program for Girlfriend doesn't work very well, leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system. If the newer version finds a reference to the old version, Girlfriend will completely freeze until you reboot and remove the stray reference. I am told this is a long standing bug which I should have been aware of.

Also, versions of Girlfriend have conflicts over shared use of the I/O port. You think they would have fixed such a stupid bug by now. Another thing that stinks -- all versions of Girlfriend continually popup little annoying messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0.

***** BUG WARNING *****
Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.0 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete all MSMoney files and take all your cache before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.0. will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-16-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:22 PM
chinaleeexports will become famous soon enoughchinaleeexports will become famous soon enough
The above is absolutely the best As you can see I mod'ed my Bentley and gave it a look different than the original...the wife's mods were more expensive but Mansory doesn't make a kit for people....

Last edited by chinaleeexports; 04-16-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: speling
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 AM
I am buying her a new front wheel for her Harley Street Glide maybe that will make her feel better. I am waiting for the right moment to tell her about the pipes and tuner I am considering for the GTC. No matter the response I'm going to grow a pair and mod the car up.

Still love the wife and going to keep her for as long as I can afford it. Now if I did not have to send the IRS the first quarter payment I'd be in high cotton.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 PM
06b0x will become famous soon enough
Steven - You always QA check potential wife 1.0 before publication and purchase. If your lucky it will allow you to keep your love of cars while allowing you to love her (the wife) in return.

There are a few of us out there!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:04 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Maria! Yes, there are a few good ones out there and feel that Girlfriend 9.0 may turn into Life Partner 2.0 as she is so very sweet and enjoys cars. Hmmm.. wonder if she can handle it if i commit to installing Racing 2.0 in a Formula Atlantic or DSR/CSR. Seems that the software Racing 1.0 for F2000 caused a big riff with Girlfriend 8.0 that was upgraded to Life Partner 1.0. Perhaps Racing 1.0 and Life Partner 1.0 had undocumented and unresolvable resource conflicts. Perhaps these bugs have been fixed in Life Partner 2.0.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:13 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Classic!

Thanks for the read.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Of your car? I think my wife is beginning to dislike the car? She said something about my alter ego and such? Maybe she feels threatened by the Bentley?

It does turn on easily
It's fast
It's sexy
Threaten to get an Aston Martin. That should turn her around. I know it worked on my wife.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
Threaten to get an Aston Martin. That should turn her around. I know it worked on my wife.
Oh yeh that should clear up everything. That is . Buddy if you had a small fire in the garage you could douse it with gasoline.

Steven I can barely run a Macbook I would be helpless with all those complicated programs you are running.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Oh yeh that should clear up everything. That is . Buddy if you had a small fire in the garage you could douse it with gasoline.
I guess this explains my recent statement "The beatings will stop when morale improves."