Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Performance Upgrades on Your Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
"Send the car"?

I might would drive it up to deliver your jerky but not send it up. Hey give me a free install and i''l see ya Friday.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:09 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Oooh congrats! Let us know how she is afterwards.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
More hp and torque

I just bought a full cat delete system from Fabspeed on clearance for $1800. So sweet. This will save me enough bucks for my remote control mufflers from Capristo. I going to have it dyno tuned by a well known race car tuner here in So Cal.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Correction

I bought the Fabspeed exhaust from Vividracing. Guess they just needed to clear up excess inventory.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:02 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
What car are you putting this on?

Old 05-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Bentley gt.

On a 2005 Bentley GT. along with some major one off carbon fiber body styling, tuning, interior, wheels(lowering suspension). Should be ready in about a 5 weeks.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:23 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wedgeduck, so in about 5 weeks we'll see pics

Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Pics for sure

Oh yeah. There will be pics. I am really exited! My friends that are building my ride had designed and fabricated a few Porsche bodykits for several companies this last 6 months. Now they have a chance to design and fabricate a one off Bentley for me, side skirts molds are done. Front end molds are done. They are working on the hood this week.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Yeh pics for sure. Post dyno #'s if you get them.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Dyno tuning

Yeah, this dyno tuning is going to b interesting. It will cost me a little less than what's available on the market right now. But I will have my car stats so that should be cool. I will have to take her to weigh her in as soon as the car is out of cosmetic surgery. Plus i am removing the spare out of the trunk to lose more weight. Hell, my fiancé has to work out just to lose more pounds so that she can sit shotgun. Lol

Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Yeah, this dyno tuning is going to b interesting. It will cost me a little less than what's available on the market right now. But I will have my car stats so that should be cool. I will have to take her to weigh her in as soon as the car is out of cosmetic surgery. Plus i am removing the spare out of the trunk to lose more weight. Hell, my fiancé has to work out just to lose more pounds so that she can sit shotgun. Lol
You are one brave hombre or dumb as a coal bucket.

From what I have seen on dyno reports on bikes and cars be prepared for the numbers to be a little lower than expected. The manufactures always measure with flattery. I think most hp ratings are done at the crank from the factory but your numbers will be at the wheel. I have been told to be aware that these are numbers and can be skewed in any direction that the tuner wishes and have many variables.

Before and after numbers from the tuner are comparable.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Very Interesting

Yep, these tuners can manipulate that hp output in all sorts of ways that can really damage my engine. I am a little skeptical. I might just go with a Fabspeed ecu tune, but I need to find a deal. I don't like tunes where your engine lights remain on at all times. I get paranoid. I will run a Vag on that thing everyday.LOL I don't mind the vehicle being at 640hp on the tune, plus exhaust. The key components that will make this build an enjoyable ride is the weight reduction due to the carbon fiber hood and trunk, plus the whole body kit will be built in carbon fiber. Will post some pics later on of her before surgery. I am receiving my full Fabspeed exhaust today and I am getting my 22 996 hre out of storage. Will take pics of these and will need some wheel finish advance from those that have a keen eye for such things.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 AM
I too am getting the full Fabspeed exhaust and ECU tune. They say we will get no codes or warnings. The estimated improvement will be about 90 hp that will put it close to the 640 at the crank as the factory measures it.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:46 AM
That's killer Doc. Have you had it installed yet? How's the sound note on their exhaust? Not to loud and ricerockety sounding right? Yeah, this make alot sense to me also. Since Fabspeed has went all out from day one to build and tune for Bentleys. Other tuning packages don't even have exhaust set ups. So the tuning might be way out of sinc because of different exhaust systems. I am seriously contemplating on that Fabspeed Ecu.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 PM
I ordered the pipes two weeks ago so they should be about ready to ship to my mechanic. The mechanic takes out the ecu and mails it to Ffabspeed they flash it a return to put back int the car. I hope to have it all installed in the next two to three weeks.

BTW if your get a tune that does not account for the new back pressure(less) of the pipes you are "out of tune". Any tune must account for the exhaust. If you are doing a custom tune on a dyno by an experienced tuner, after the pipes are on you should be good to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Performance Upgrades on Your Car?