Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Performance Upgrades on Your Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Steven you have to admit is looks kind of cool in a radical sort of way. I am not sure if I could see much of the road ahead.

Wedgeduck remember the only way to find the limits are to exceed it.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Doc, those Delta v boys have a 1000hp program on the Bentley GT but never got around to finishing it. They are busy bees. They beef up everything from crankshafts to pistons. 100k plus for this upgrade and no NOS being used.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:48 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
... and no NOS being used.
Was joking about NOS... and the big blower too (even though is does look a bit.... interesting)

Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Was joking about NOS... and the big blower too (even though is does look a bit.... interesting)
I know right. I have a few hot rod friends and we have always joked about doing that to an exotic

Old 07-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I posted on another thread about my 360 mile joy ride and I found at times my 650hp was almost more than I could handle. Were it not for the 4wd I would have spun the beast out. When the turbos really rush at 5000rpm in 2nd you had better have the car pointed well and ready to brake for the next tight turn or your "off-roadin".

Trying to go full throttle in third and fourth have you going so fast that it is dangerous. I need to pay attention and note what the speed is at the red line shift point from third to fourth. Forget fourth the fifth on a public road curve.

Get your 850hp and LMK how much of it you get to use. Hell i sound like an old fart.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:05 AM
850hp plus is great bragging rights. There are only a few places I can put that beast to the test. The 15 on the way to Vegas. There are also lots of back roads in the California desert that I can take her up to 200. It's a matter of checking the roads in advance. Drag race tracks for the quarter or mile runs. You are right though. We don't get to use all that hp in our toys too much. I like to get my money's worth. Even at 650hp Doc, that car is a beast. I had one at that HP before and she was really fun til the valves got melted due to bad tuning. Find a nice straight 4 mile empty stretch Doc, she will do 200mph in comfort

Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 AM
We don't have four miles of straight much less empty out here. I know the roads you speak of and you might be safe for that speed. I like acceleration more than top end and i do get to use my power for that, just have to have the ole brain in gear too.

Braggin rights?????? We are a humble and unassuming bunch on here maybe you need to join another forum.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:29 AM
The newer GT actually do shift alot faster than ours Doc. New and improve tranny. I can't imagine at 650hp with that new tranny. Bentley claims it shifts 50% quicker. I gotta have HP over here. My nephews are running 700hp plus 1994 Acura Nsxs. I can't get boss around by my own relatives.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
The newer GT actually do shift alot faster than ours Doc. New and improve tranny. I can't imagine at 650hp with that new tranny. Bentley claims it shifts 50% quicker. I gotta have HP over here. My nephews are running 700hp plus 1994 Acura Nsxs. I can't get boss around by my own relatives.
Nephews are children and a 94' NSX is a little toy. You got the Mac-Daddy big boy I'm the top pimp ride. Get you horses mate and pour it on em.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:17 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
We don't have four miles of straight much less empty out here...
i hear ya there! Live in the mountain/hill area, only real straight is... STRAIGHT DOWN the side of the montain. Surviving that sudden STOP at the bottom without any damage seems impossible to master

Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
At times I feel like I've stepped into a hot rodder's forum by mistake. Some crazy power here. And I've just opened a letter from the local constabulary telling me I have exceeded the speed limit by a trifling 12 km/hr and must pay $80 forthwith. Slight disconnect going on!

Old 07-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Hot Rodder's forum. LOL

The whole Bentley GT idea is warped. Why would anyone make a car that heavy, luxurious and costly, fill it with leather and wood and then stick a 560 hp motor in it?????????

Is it a sports car? No it's to heavy and trimmed to near excess.

Is it a luxury tourer? If so why do we have to tour at 200mph? Who needs that much power to tour the country side. The GT is a Jekle and Hyde schizophrenic.

Oh BTW tell them 12km/hr ain't nothing, wait till you really go fast.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 07-23-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:20 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Hot Rodder's forum. LOL

The whole Bentley GT idea is warped. Why would anyone make a car that heavy, luxurious and costly, fill it with leather and wood and then stick a 560 hp motor in it?????????

Is it a sports car? No it's to heavy and trimmed to near excess.

Is it a luxury tourer? If so why do we have to tour at 200mph? Who needs that much power to tour the country side. The GT is a Jekle and Hyde schizophrenic.

Oh BTW tell them 12km/hr ain't nothing, wait till you really go fast.
I feel like a beginner against you lot with this tiny and embarrassing speed excess. Maybe I should tell them I got that 12km/h extra in .5 second, that might shave something off the fine

Old 07-23-2012, 03:29 PM
The GT is a schizo. She tours so smooth and with all that power and weight, you don't feel the little bumps in the road. It was always a love hate relationship with her. Should I keep her the way she is and buy and build a sportier car? Or should I mod the crap out of her because I know this luxurious beast can perform. I choose to go FAST and lighter! As for my little annoying little nephews, I am going to smoke them on a drag strip(hopefully soon).

Old 07-24-2012, 03:14 AM
Is it a luxury tourer? If so why do we have to tour at 200mph? Who needs that much power to tour the country side.
Those living in Germany are the lucky ones. The remainder of the world generally limits the maximum speed of vehicles on public roadways. Sadly, governments continually limit the freedoms of their residents under the guise of....

Agree with the ' Jekle and Hyde ' comment.