Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Performance Upgrades on Your Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 01:14 PM
BGT
BGT is on a distinguished road
Any vids yet? I'm about to order my exhaust system and get software soon. My friend had it done to his GT about 6 months ago and it sounds amazing and goes like a rocket. Different exhaust and tune from the one you guys are going with.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
The Doc has the whole Fabspeed ECU and exhaust upgrades. I just have the Fabspeed complete exhaust. I think I am going to have a different muffler custom built just for a little more throaty sound and more free flowing exhaust. I only rev the Fabspeed in the shop, it sounds pretty good. I am building a big project on my ride, so when the body is done, I am going to try go upgrade the turbos and do some custom intercoolers, air intakes and a tune to match everything up. The complete exhaust by Fabspeed looks really nice and very well built, you can add whatever mufflers to get more sound if you like? Try that Capristo muffler with the Fabspeed complete exhaust system. I have a funny feeling that those two are a great combo. Pricey, but damm, I just have this weird feeling that that combo will work great with a good tune.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 07-11-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
My secondary bypass pipes are on and the ECU tune its in. The down pipes did not fit since my 07 is a late build and has the 08 down tube design with the cats built into the pipes. The car runs great but the sound is still a little soft. I am sending the down tubes back to Fabspeed for a refund on them and will just pause and think about any more mods.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
will just pause and think about any more mods.
Realization sets in!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
Realization sets in!
You gotta just drive a soup up Bentley. You think the Speed GT at 620hp is fast? Think again, there is one in my hometown that 700hp and counting. And this is with a basic tune and exhaust mod. I am going to push mine to 800hp plus and yes it's costing me. But hell, I can only live this life once “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.” J. Clarkson

If Money Can't Buy You Happiness, Your Shopping in the Wrong Place.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 07-12-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
I am going to push mine to 800hp plus and yes it's costing me. But hell, I can only live this life once.
Good point.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
It really is mostly about money, desire being secondary.

I'd love a new GTC then mod the crap out of it. If money is no object then one can push the car to the breaking pint and just rebuild it next week. Ideally I'd start the build from the frame up with titanium/aluminum and carbon fiber. Spend a million and have real one off.

Why would I just not go get a Buggatti? Because then it would not be a GTC.

The mechanic that worked my car said he felt like there was about a 100hp gain which would put it at 652hp. An estimate of course.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 07-12-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 PM
I mean there are plenty other faster exotic out there but Bentleys are such an elegant and luxurious ride. For her to be faster, considering her weight, you really gotta have the extra funds and love to totally appreciate what she can do. Oh yeah, my bumpers are going to be carbon fiber and my new styled custom exhaust tips will be made out of titanium. Can't afford titanium frames though this damm project is taking too long I miss my ride.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Hell Fire WedgeDuck if your that impatient then just buy a temporary Bentley.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:26 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Dr. D... The blower man. The BLOWER!!!

Attached Images  

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-12-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Dr. D... The blower man. The BLOWER!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawspa5EVzs&feature=related
Blowers are the ****! Check out these boys in Texas. Www.deltavtechnologies.com I want their 850hp Bentley GT program on my ride! And will have!

Old 07-13-2012, 04:35 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wedgeduck, nice and they upgrade the turbos and all the other usual stuff (no blower). And here i was hoping for a blower AND twin turo in a Bentley

Can we add NOS too and make it a cool 1000 HP?

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-13-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Wow! The Blower sticking out the hood of the GT how cool would that be?

That would be a little to redneck even for me.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Dr. D... Spent a bit of time with Photoshop for you. Think about it....

And i present to you, the 2008 Bentley Blower GT

Attached Images  

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-13-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Wedgeduck, nice and they upgrade the turbos and all the other usual stuff (no blower). And here i was hoping for a blower AND twin turo in a Bentley

Can we add NOS too and make it a cool 1000 HP?
I wish I can NOS, but I don't think she can handle all that horsepower without some serious engine work. And I am worried at over 850hp plus, I might have to get work done on the tranny. Gotta get those gear ratio correct and change the transmission program. Why is life so hard? I just wanted a really fast and light Bentley.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Performance Upgrades on Your Car?