Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Performance Upgrades on Your Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Scary thought when it comes to tuning because my guy is a race tuner. I have never had anything tuned by him and his company, but my track friends swear by this guy. I just don't want the engine light to come on. You are right about having a tune and not having the correct exhaust set up. A friend of mine has had exhaust valves damaged because of incorrect exhaust set ups. Expensive repairs.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I'd ask for safe boost. .9 bar seems to be a common number.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks doc. I will do more research on those numbers you gave me. I am sitting around waiting for FedEx to bring my exhaust. Hopefully it get here by six pm.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:16 PM
before cosmetic surgery

Yep, she was blacked out head to tail. She is still going to be blacked out when she is done with the hood and trunk left unpainted in carbon fiber. Skirts, rear and front will be painted but with strategic pieces left unpainted to expose the carbon fiber.

Attached Images     

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 05-22-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 PM
wheels, tires, and exhaust

you know what these are Doc

Attached Images    
Old 05-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Wheel and pipes i bet. Hope you got three more of the wheels. Are those the down tubes and H pipe? It is the secondary cat bypass system correct?

You are just making my impatience worse.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Yep, 3 more wheels for sure. I like my wheels just like my women, deep and bowlegged I am running her shoes staggered 22x10.5 in the back. Fronts are 22x9.5. That's the full exhaust system from Fabspeed. The mirror shine is neat. The h pipes where on the couch. Gotta go see if I can bring my exhaust guy to install those while the fabricators are puttin the knife to my girl. I will go take a few pics, but I don't think they want me to post anything on her while she is in her transformer phase.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:44 AM
I don't blame them for wanting to leave off the messy in-between photos. Show her off when the polish is put on. I see the longer parts now that you mention it. Are you keeping that stock mufflers?

Never thought of the wheel and woman thing.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 05-23-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:19 AM
sneak peek

I am going to have to show up and crack the whip more. I don't like being behind schedule, especially when i want her rolling by the Fourth of July. Trunk should be done this week. Hood has not been started. Front end not done till this weekend. Other than that, i am just being an ***. Front has massive air openings to keep everything nice and cool,etc radiator, brakes, intercoolers and engine. the hood will have 2 fat vents(tastefully done of course). Looks like hell when you take it from design to molding.

Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Looks like a hedonistic beast.

Let us know how it sounds. Unless I get mine first then you can drool over mine.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Doc, she will look really beastly but tastefully done. I am not sure on that Capristo muffler. Another 6 grand to the undercarriage. But it's automatic and can be controlled with a remote. Great options for hot days at the track. Can't get my muffler guy to show up. The whole insurance and liability of his employee coming to us. Oh well, I will find a decent mechanic that will install them. They are not hard to install, just bolts and a few tack welds with a mig welder. You will have to let me know how yours will sound. They are building yours. I believe they are built by order. Think I will just powder my inner and outer barrel of my 3piece wheels. The center can stay semigloss black. Go to go consult with the wheel boys.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Doc, I will probably wind up having to wait for your ecu and exhaust install to find out how it will sound and run besides watching it on you tube.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Doc, I will probably wind up having to wait for your ecu and exhaust install to find out how it will sound and run besides watching it on you tube.
Better send all your stuff back mate, I ain't smart enough to get all that done.

I'm calling about my pipes today.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:07 AM
You are a silly one Doc. I am sure the boys at Fabspeed got you on their mind. But yeah, I can do the pipes my self, but I haven't welded anything since the mid 80s. I am trying to keep my vehicle a one off ride, so I might sell my HREs wheels because I wanted to really build a one off Bentley, wheels, exhaust,body styling, and tuning. I have the resource and connects to do it. Another important tibit to this build is that I wanted all my modifications(parts and labor) built here in the States. Want to show a few friends that yes, we lazy Americans can build some exotic vehicles in country. Yes we can design and not need to do knock offs. Enough of my rambling. Get those boys at Fabspeed to send those mods. I waiting for an actual client(you Doc) to let me know how she will run and sound.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Wait, there is no welding involve for the installation of those Fabspeed pipes. It's all bolt on. Duh..., Gotta step out of the sun and put the meds down abit. Guess I will have to get my hands dirty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Performance Upgrades on Your Car?