Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

GTC-Speed 80-11 in for some work & Dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
GTC-Speed 80-11 in for some work & Dyno

Monday morning a good customer from a neighboring state dropped by with his new GTC-Speed, he loves the car but said it sounded like a prius.. the quick solution was bypassing the secondary catalytic converters, doing that he would pick up the sound he wanted as well as a "little" more power...

here she is (I have driven a handful of GT's, GT-Speeds, etc. and this car is by far my favorite!) the 80-11 package was gorgeous in person and really added to the overall "wow factor" of the car.

the "before" power was suprisingly low and disappointing... the gains were very nice though and you certainly could feel it afterwards!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Oh I can't wait to get my stuff from you. Are the pipes done?

Did he get a ECU tune? Did he keep the stock mufflers? Did he get the down tubes also? Looks like secondary bypass pipes only? What is an 08-11 edition? Why was this car the favorite of all the GT family?

Mel.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Oh I can't wait to get my stuff from you. Are the pipes done?

Did he get a ECU tune? Did he keep the stock mufflers? Did he get the down tubes also? Looks like secondary bypass pipes only? What is an 08-11 edition? Why was this car the favorite of all the GT family?

Mel.
he didnt get the ECU tune, he DID keep the stock mufflers and he did NOT get the downpipes (they dont fit his car, just yours!) the 08-11 is a package for only 80 cars that changes the interior trim and some other options, it just rounded the car out very nicely.

I love these cars, if money wasnt a factory i would have one as a daily driver hands down (we are actually looking at picking one up for the shop which will be nice), this one was exceptionally nice because I love the Q stitching on the inside and the red accents were just really nice!

your parts arent quite done yet but will be soon

Old 05-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Thanks I like the way you answer all the questions, you must actually read the posts.

I was on your site and was looking at the SS you did for the Gumball 3000. How did you get such high output numbers?

Why was the pre-mod power so low and disappointing on the Speed of this thread? Was it not all Bentley advertises it to be? Yeh go ahead and step into that one.

Put the whip to the shop boys I'm tired of my Prius. Do you have any dyne sheets that show a GTC modified like the one I am doing?

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 05-16-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:40 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
David, thanks for posting pics and especially the dyno. Am very surprised Bentley's exhaust is so limiting(!).
Color me a bit shocked it is that restrictive. All this time i felt Bentley... yet from that dyno reading....
Good to have you posting data so we can see the benefits!

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 05-17-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks I like the way you answer all the questions, you must actually read the posts.
haha i find that reading entire posts helps me answer questions more accurately... call it a habit i guess.

I was on your site and was looking at the SS you did for the Gumball 3000. How did you get such high output numbers?
if i recall correctly that car had modified turbo's as well (i may be wrong and will find out and report back)

Why was the pre-mod power so low and disappointing on the Speed of this thread? Was it not all Bentley advertises it to be? Yeh go ahead and step into that one.
i am guessing Bently ran the engine at the factory a LOT and cherry picked the very best numbers once dyno conditions were ideal (humidity, barometric pressure, etc.) or maybe they were just being overly generous and rounded!

Put the whip to the shop boys I'm tired of my Prius. Do you have any dyne sheets that show a GTC modified like the one I am doing?
workin' on it and i will talk to my dyno operator and report back.

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
David, thanks for posting pics and especially the dyno. Am very surprised Bentley's exhaust is so limiting(!).
Color me a bit shocked it is that restrictive. All this time i felt Bentley... yet from that dyno reading....
Good to have you posting data so we can see the benefits!
i am actually not that surprised the factory setup is so restricting.. keep in mind they need to meet EPA and emission standards around the world, not just in the US. it seems easier for a manufacturer to throw a bunch of cats and resonators on the car and be 110% compliant than have to have multiple setups for different countries...

Old 05-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Sorry to be so hard on you David but you did miss the last question I asked. I think I have see dyno sheets on the pipes and the ECU as separate jobs what about a sheet when they are done combined?

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 05-17-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Former Vendor
i answered that, i said i will talk to the guy here that runs our dyno and get back to you, he has all of our previous dyno runs stored.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by David@Fabspeed
i answered that, i said i will talk to the guy here that runs our dyno and get back to you, he has all of our previous dyno runs stored.
Ok my bad for not carefully reading the whole post.

I would think for a proper tune he must have a program that was developed on the dyno for the combo.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:31 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by David@Fabspeed
i am actually not that surprised the factory setup is so restricting.. keep in mind they need to meet EPA and emission standards around the world, not just in the US...
Sure a 3% to maybe 5% from a stock to aftermarket, but 10% gain is indeed impressive.