Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

A/C To Slow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:55 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
So I did some expend experiment with the AC control unit today,
Couple things I notice... Please direct me if any of you have any idea!!

- If I put the system on "ECON" mode (not using AC compressor I think), the control of the direction works flawless whether its on full blast to cabin or feet area (or both), (obviously the air is not cold)
- Soon as I turn ECON mode off, I hear the blower but nothing comes out to the cabin or feet even I set the system to do so.
- I ran VAG COM it said there is error in system:
" 1 Fault Found:,
00716 - Air recirculation Flap Positioning Motor (V113)
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation "
- If I put full blast to window defrost mode, it works flawless whether its full blast or half.
- If I put in Auto mode, the temp change automatically to "72 degree" and it works on and off (I think it supposed to do that?) and I change the temp to lower value, the fan speed increase and nothing comes out to the vents.

Anyone can chime in?

Old 05-31-2017, 08:46 PM
therron4ou is on a distinguished road
So I have the same problem...
Fault 1. Air recirculation flap motor
Fault 2. Air flow flap position Flow

They're saying this is a 9 hour labor job. Did anybody ever replace their motor or ever fix this problem and have a solution?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:02 PM
tadaslyra is on a distinguished road
I had the same issue (faulty Air recirculation Flap Positioning Motor) and VW service guy somehow managed to replace the motor without complete removal of the center console. He said that he just loosened it and lifted it slightly to access the motor. It took him an hour or so and the motor is a VW part.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:20 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
Bentley recommends changing both the fresh air and recirc flap motors at the same time. I had this done at the VW dealership because the recirc flap was definitely not working. I forget how much labor it was but it was certainly more than one hour.

I gave the tech instructions how to access the flap motors from the engine cowl area rather than removing the dash. Apparently there is an easier one hour fix we need to know about. Please go back to the dealership and query the tech on how he did it and post the instructions.

If you want air flow right away press the recirc button. Otherwise, as others have observed, the system will wait a few minutes until the AC has cooled the air to start the blower. That's not fun here in the desert or in Texas or Florida in the summer. We'd rather have the fan blowing.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Kes
Kes is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MrVette
Bentley recommends changing both the fresh air and recirc flap motors at the same time. I had this done at the VW dealership because the recirc flap was definitely not working. I forget how much labor it was but it was certainly more than one hour.

I gave the tech instructions how to access the flap motors from the engine cowl area rather than removing the dash. Apparently there is an easier one hour fix we need to know about. Please go back to the dealership and query the tech on how he did it and post the instructions.

If you want air flow right away press the recirc button. Otherwise, as others have observed, the system will wait a few minutes until the AC has cooled the air to start the blower. That's not fun here in the desert or in Texas or Florida in the summer. We'd rather have the fan blowing.
hi, looks like mine start to play up. Had a trip of about 1200 miles, could hear motor runnung but no air through vents. If i turn of fan to 0, keep it for 5-10 minutes then seems to start working again.
What is a part number to order that flap motor and how to replace it?

thanks