Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Difference between D and S mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Looks like about 25% loss of power from the crank to the wheel. Does that sound normal?

I know Harley Davidsons claims are total BS. I did all kinds of modifications to my motors and just now getting real wheel #'s that are claimed on a stock bike.
That's what I have known all along. It's disappointing. But numbers and sales is what manufactures push for. So a little white lie never hurts a consumer. Until the tuners and nut cases like us start tinkering with it. Then the truth comes out.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
That's what I have known all along. It's disappointing. But numbers and sales is what manufactures push for. So a little white lie never hurts a consumer. Until the tuners and nut cases like us start tinkering with it. Then the truth comes out.
Well I will give them some room for the "creative truth". They do put numbers that represent power at the crank which we can not so easily measure. If was selling i would have to use the set of numbers that show my product best. At least the playing field is level to some degree because all the manufactures use the happy numbers.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Well I will give them some room for the "creative truth". They do put numbers that represent power at the crank which we can not so easily measure. If was selling i would have to use the set of numbers that show my product best. At least the playing field is level to some degree because all the manufactures use the happy numbers.
Happy numbers good one Doc.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Happy numbers good one Doc.
Regarding your new avatar i recognize you but is that your black cousin in the back. I do like it.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Looks like about 25% loss of power from the crank to the wheel. Does that sound normal?

I know Harley Davidsons claims are total BS. I did all kinds of modifications to my motors and just now getting real wheel #'s that are claimed on a stock bike.
Loss on the drivetrain and conservative tuning at the factory.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Regarding your new avatar i recognize you but is that your black cousin in the back. I do like it.
He is blackanese!

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 11-13-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:43 PM
He is blackanese!
I bow.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Here's the video wedgeduck of kanye n jayz killing a Maybach.

http://youtu.be/BoEKWtgJQAU

J

Old 11-14-2012, 03:30 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
i heard they lost $ on every Maybach. Is that true?

Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by jc_333
Here's the video wedgeduck of kanye n jayz killing a Maybach.

http://youtu.be/BoEKWtgJQAU

J
WOW! I just do not understand. I am using kind restraint.

I would like to see those children 25 years from now and get their take on that video.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 11-14-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
It is good PR entertainment... and maybe he hated his car and so this video allowed it to be written off at top dollar? Then again the planned Enzo crashing at a PR event for some lackluster car movie a few years back flopped wildly.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
It is good PR entertainment... and maybe he hated his car and so this video allowed it to be written off at top dollar? Then again the planned Enzo crashing at a PR event for some lackluster car movie a few years back flopped wildly.
Again I learn there is another way to see things.

Note to self Dr.D's way is not the only way.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Wow. Let me chop one up. It will look really exotic and have the performance to back it up. Then I would get it armored and have the Doc shoot at us while we are all inside. This would really be good PR for the new Bentley Boys. All we need now is to pass the collection plate around and get this project started.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 11-15-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:22 PM
montyfd is on a distinguished road
Loss on the drivetrain and conservative tuning at the factory.
More like ****ty fuel in combination with ridiculous high IAT temperatures on a dyno with non-suffiecient cooling
Knock knock spark retard ...Thats what kills all your power.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by montyfd
More like ****ty fuel in combination with ridiculous high IAT temperatures on a dyno with non-suffiecient cooling
Knock knock spark retard ...Thats what kills all your power.
Yep, 91 octane is kinda crappy. Those 22" killed a lot of power. Dyno with bad cooling is not good. Gotta run a big *** fan in front of the vehicle when you dyno. In the long run, a basic Bentley GT only gets about 410 to 420whp. A lot of tuners come to this conclusion. Also, I am going run meth(not the dope). Can't find 93 octane out here. Race fuel only at the track. On meth, the way I want her, she will be a pretty fast Bentley Alot of factors come into when you dyno, elevation, temp, wheel size, but my nephews race a lot of JDM vehicles that are amazingly fast. They will all testify that drivetrain lost is huge in HP.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 11-18-2012 at 11:35 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Difference between D and S mode?