Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Difference between D and S mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
...Can't find 93 octane out here....
I only use 98 in all my vehicles. Why can't you get anything higher? Is it a regional thing?

Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
If you look at the dyno runs from GIAC website it shows the GT at 380bhp (459bhp when flashed) and the GT Speed at 457bhp hitting 553bhp when flashed and running on 103octane. Amazing what a bit of gogo juice can do for power...extra 60bhp.

J

Yep, 91 octane is kinda crappy. Those 22" killed a lot of power. Dyno with bad cooling is not good. Gotta run a big *** fan in front of the vehicle when you dyno. In the long run, a basic Bentley GT only gets about 410 to 420whp. A lot of tuners come to this conclusion. Also, I am going run meth(not the dope). Can't find 93 octane out here. Race fuel only at the track. On meth, the way I want her, she will be a pretty fast Bentley Alot of factors come into when you dyno, elevation, temp, wheel size, but my nephews race a lot of JDM vehicles that are amazingly fast. They will all testify that drivetrain lost is huge in HP.

Last edited by jc_333; 11-19-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kensilver
I only use 98 in all my vehicles. Why can't you get anything higher? Is it a regional thing?
California emission laws. Lots of people driving in this state. You get to use 98? We have to go to the airport or buy 100 octane and up from specialty performance shops.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 11-19-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by jc_333
If you look at the dyno runs from GIAC website it shows the GT at 380bhp (459bhp when flashed) and the GT Speed at 457bhp hitting 553bhp when flashed and running on 103octane. Amazing what a bit of gogo juice can do for power...extra 60bhp.

J
Great info Jc. I post a thread with mines on dyno also just for baseline. Only at about 395bhp. They said they were getting about 410 to 420 on 93 octane and stock wheels. GIAC is a pretty good company. And yes that 100 octane can jack your HP up. Gotta be careful though. Turbos, intercoolers, and areodynamics might not be able to cool engine down,

Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Smurf will become famous soon enough
I think the difference is "weeeee" versus "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 PM
I held this back for awhile. Do you know why that that Benz was spitting rocks back at you JC333? He(the MB C63) had a rear diffuser that has a little flat space, almost tray like, to leave tiny little rocks on. When he really quick step that gas in front of you, tiny rocks leave his diffuser and rains on your car. Little rice rocket racers do that alot, so I know.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 12-11-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
...You get to use 98?...
According to the manual, my 2012 CGT HAS to use 98 RON, or no lower than 95 RON, or bioethanol. Otherwise can cause engine damage says the book

Old 12-11-2012, 02:57 AM
Boulanger is on a distinguished road
Being a car enthusiast I could say that this is the right place from where I managed to get appropriate information on luxury cars.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ken, for "98 RON or no lower than 95 RON" they are talking EUROPEAN ratings standards... so i believe 92 or higher USA graded standard petrol is what they also approve. Agree with others here, when i add a touch of go-go juice to the petrol she DOES respond very positively.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Ken, for "98 RON or no lower than 95 RON" they are talking EUROPEAN ratings standards... so i believe 92 or higher USA graded standard petrol is what they also approve. Agree with others here, when i add a touch of go-go juice to the petrol she DOES respond very positively.
Shame on you Steven for encouraging these gents to use more go go juice. You know you will get them hooked.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Shame on you Steven for encouraging these gents to use more go go juice. You know you will get them hooked.
Really dude, you know I am a helpless power addict. Another 12 step meeting for me.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Really dude, you know I am a helpless power addict. Another 12 step meeting for me.
It's really weird. The Bentley can pull lots of ponies, but at times we don't really feel all that speed and power because we are sitting in a cocoon of luxury. This throws me off every time. On other vehicles exceeding 140 to 160mph you will know you are going that fast because of the bouncing or rough ride. On a fat Bentley, you really don't feel the road or the speed.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
It's really weird.... On other vehicles exceeding 140 to 160mph you will know you are going that fast because of the bouncing or rough ride. On a fat Bentley, you really don't feel the road or the speed.
Have no idea what you are talking about. Nope, none at all. i wasn’t there. Didn’t see anything. Was with a friend across town at the time.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Have no idea what you are talking about. Nope, none at all. i wasn’t there. Didn’t see anything. Was with a friend across town at the time.
Yeh, someone told me that 120mph does not even feel fast in these cars. And 100 is nothing.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Uh huh, sure

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Difference between D and S mode?