Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Difference between D and S mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Ken, for "98 RON or no lower than 95 RON" they are talking EUROPEAN ratings standards... so i believe 92 or higher USA graded standard petrol is what they also approve. Agree with others here, when i add a touch of go-go juice to the petrol she DOES respond very positively.
Yes, my manual is the European version. What with the country changes between F and C, km and mph... whatever happened to the one world vision!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:58 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Agree, USA should have went metric in the late 70's. Hard enough explaining Troy ounce versus regular ounce....

Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Agree, USA should have went metric in the late 70's. Hard enough explaining Troy ounce versus regular ounce....
I remember going to elementary school in the late 70's and the school system was trying metric out. Confused the crap out of alot of 6th graders.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:32 AM
woody_225 is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone!!!! Its to much difference between both of this car.I didn't know S mode had a different map for the engine so you could say we are already factory chipped. Gonna drive it more in S to get a feel for it but it does feel a tad bit quicker but its hard to judge as the ride is just so smooth at the number u mentioned.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by woody_225
Hi everyone!!!! Its to much difference between both of this car.I didn't know S mode had a different map for the engine so you could say we are already factory chipped. Gonna drive it more in S to get a feel for it but it does feel a tad bit quicker but its hard to judge as the ride is just so smooth at the number u mentioned.
Feels alot more torque on S plus it shifts for you at higher rpm so if you don't like tiptronic(like me), it does the job quite well. Also run it on S and turn your suspension mode to sport. Then you will surely know why the wee lads on this forum are so passionate and driven on trying to kill themselves!