Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Battery Recommendation

Old 06-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Battery Recommendation

I have an interstate battery in my Brooklands and I really am not happy with it. If I don't drive the car for 3 days the battery goes flat and I have to jump start the car. I have a battery tender but there are no outlets near my car in the parking garage. So I need some recommendation on a battery that would not go dead after 3 days.
For info the battery is 5 month old and the previous issues of drainage my car suffered from were fixed.
Thanks.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:33 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
the recommended battery is AC delco 24/5YR,interstate should be fine though,if the battery has tested fine then i would say you have a draw that is causing the flat battery. what year Brooklands is it ? Later Brooklands has two batteries and both should be checked.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
It's a 2009. As for the draw per the bentley techs it doesn't have a draw. The service manager told me that Bentley recommends keeping the car on the battery tender if it seats for 3 days or more. I cannot do that because I have no outlet to plug the tender near my car.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:47 AM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
find out what sizes your car takes, call odyssey batteries and see if they make that size,
when i do my batteries i will be doing odysseys

Old 06-10-2013, 09:11 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
it has two batteries ,one is the hotel battery and one the starter battery.if the hotel battery fails then the car will use the starter.3 days and you have to jump it is not right..take it back to dealer and let them try it after 3 days .see what they say then,if after 3 days it fails there is something wrong !

Old 06-10-2013, 09:25 AM
01bee is on a distinguished road
I have had my CGT sit for 2 weeks and still no problem. You must have some sort of draw.

Eric

Old 06-10-2013, 10:06 AM
I don't think it is normal either but the Bentley techs keep telling me that they cannot find a draw and that the arnage/azure/brooklands need to be kept on battery tender if not driven regularly. I cannot confirm that since there aren't many people in forums with these kind of cars. I suspect that the (aftermarket) battery they put in when I go the car CPOed is not working properly so I asked them to replace it gratuitously with a brand new OEM battery.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:20 AM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

It's the same setup on a gt 2 batts

You need a battery tender, it should not be dead after 2 weeks
The batts maybe weak , you can't put cheap batts in these cars

Old 06-10-2013, 10:45 AM
They got back to me and said that Interstate is the battery recommended by Bentley for the Brooklands because the OEM original battery is no longer available. They will run more test to see if there are any draws they might have missed.. Thank you all for your inputs, I'll keep you posted on the diagnosis.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Norman75
It's a 2009. As for the draw per the bentley techs it doesn't have a draw. The service manager told me that Bentley recommends keeping the car on the battery tender if it seats for 3 days or more. I cannot do that because I have no outlet to plug the tender near my car.
This is total crap. What car can not set for one week and not start? 3 Days???? If this is true the motor company needs to release a statement admitting to making the LEAST reliable car in the world.

Any name brand battery that has specs to match the OE should work just fine. There is a problem somewhere. Change the batteries(x2) and if you get another three day die then the car is the problem.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:09 PM
fencera will become famous soon enoughfencera will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Norman75
They got back to me and said that Interstate is the battery recommended by Bentley for the Brooklands because the OEM original battery is no longer available. They will run more test to see if there are any draws they might have missed.. Thank you all for your inputs, I'll keep you posted on the diagnosis.
Hey-

Have an arnage. Love your brooklands! Last true Bentley. Simply phenomenal car...

I put two sears die hard platinum batteries in my car. It's an agm made by Odessey. Easy to get and "cheap." My car generally sits for months on the trickle charger then may be a month or more off it (used once a week or so). Have had no problems with them and am quite pleased. The previous interstate non-agm would give errors on occasion if they sat. The idea of having to jump one of these cars is terrifying. May be worth getting some sort of portable charger? Can't remember the group size I got but know they are both massive...

Good luck!

Old 06-14-2013, 02:12 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Agm by Odyssey are GREAT batteries!

Old 06-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by fencera
Hey-

Have an arnage. Love your brooklands! Last true Bentley. Simply phenomenal car...

I put two sears die hard platinum batteries in my car. It's an agm made by Odessey. Easy to get and "cheap." My car generally sits for months on the trickle charger then may be a month or more off it (used once a week or so). Have had no problems with them and am quite pleased. The previous interstate non-agm would give errors on occasion if they sat. The idea of having to jump one of these cars is terrifying. May be worth getting some sort of portable charger? Can't remember the group size I got but know they are both massive...

Good luck!
I'll make sure to check this battery out as soon as I get my car back. Thank you for the advice.
On another note what year is your arnage? Has it been a reliable ride?

Old 06-19-2013, 12:58 PM
BigA3533 will become famous soon enoughBigA3533 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by REDNOSEGT
find out what sizes your car takes, call odyssey batteries and see if they make that size,
when i do my batteries i will be doing odysseys
This 100%. I had terrible battery issues with the Maserati QP I traded in on my Flying Spur till I swapped the 2nd new Optima gel cell for an Odyssey battery, never an issue again.

I already swapped my starter battery that has slightly more power than stock, but is actually smaller, so I used a nylon battery strap to hold it down with some double stick tape on the bottom as overkill. The strap is made for batteries, so no possible issue. The second bigger memory battery is almost the same size as current battery, so it should be a simple swap, but haven't changed mine yet.

Oddysey all the way!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:25 PM
BigA3533 will become famous soon enoughBigA3533 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by fencera
Hey-

Good luck!

I believe it's actually the parent company Enersys that makes both Odyssey and Die Hard, but it's true they are actually the same battery with the Die hard selling for $180 act as opposed to $225 avg for Odyssey. That said, Enersys told me that they were going to have another line for die hard batteries that are different from Oddysey. That was back last year and was going to be the case by now, so double check. Further, die hard platinum only comes in only like 6 sizes, and none of them fit the Continental, so also check for sizing.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Battery Recommendation