Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Continental gt trunk won't open!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 06:27 PM
turbo_secret will become famous soon enoughturbo_secret will become famous soon enough
Continental gt trunk won't open!

I tried the emergency lever on the inside of the trunk and the one behind passenger side rear seat and still won't open. What to do now?

Old 10-27-2013, 12:17 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Is the battery dead?

Old 10-27-2013, 04:37 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
have somebody press on trunk lightly while you pull emergency lever .

Old 10-28-2013, 11:54 AM
turbo_secret will become famous soon enoughturbo_secret will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ExoticCarDriver
Is the battery dead?
The battery is brand new and good. About 2 weeks ago we put in a brand new battery and just last week the trunk will not open now.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by bentleytech
have somebody press on trunk lightly while you pull emergency lever .
Tried that too. We pull on that emergency lever as hard as we can i'm afraid we will break the cable or something. I think the mechanism itself got stuck and wont open.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:19 PM
nrick is on a distinguished road
Hi

I couldn't get in to the boot after just picking the car up from the dealer, I guess this is one of the reasons why the last guy got rid of it. After a bit of headscratching it turned out to be a couple of broken wires in the boot. Has the fuse gone? (the only problem is the fuse is in the boot!)

To get in I took the driverside rear passenger seat off to access the manual release (UK car). The manual release would not move for love nor money. I was pulling on it so hard I thought it would snap but there is no other way (Unless you have the release in the boot lid as well std for USA cars). In the end I thought to hell with it and decided there wasn't enough leverage to operate it, so i hooked a screwdriver underneath the cable in the released position and used the screwdriver to generate some more leverage. Now this is extremely risky as the cable could snap but I have had to do it a few times in the diagnosis of the bootlid. Mine never snapped but it is always a risk. Just ask if you need any more help.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by nrick
Hi

I couldn't get in to the boot after just picking the car up from the dealer, I guess this is one of the reasons why the last guy got rid of it. After a bit of headscratching it turned out to be a couple of broken wires in the boot. Has the fuse gone? (the only problem is the fuse is in the boot!)

To get in I took the driverside rear passenger seat off to access the manual release (UK car). The manual release would not move for love nor money. I was pulling on it so hard I thought it would snap but there is no other way (Unless you have the release in the boot lid as well std for USA cars). In the end I thought to hell with it and decided there wasn't enough leverage to operate it, so i hooked a screwdriver underneath the cable in the released position and used the screwdriver to generate some more leverage. Now this is extremely risky as the cable could snap but I have had to do it a few times in the diagnosis of the bootlid. Mine never snapped but it is always a risk. Just ask if you need any more help.
Yes! I pull on that lever with everything i got and it just won't open. I'm afraid that the cable will break and if it does then i don't know what to do after that haha. cut the trunk i guess. :/ ill keep trying to open it by pulling the cable with a screw driver or something. thanks for the reply

Old 11-02-2013, 02:35 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
when you pull the cable have somebody press down on boot lid near the centre where latch is.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:05 PM
jim@lotusauto is on a distinguished road
B button on boot

Is there a relearn procedure for the B button on the boot? It releases the latch but won't auto lift like the key fob and the button in the drivers door panel. I replaced both batteries about a week ago.

Thanks, Jim

Old 05-07-2015, 02:21 AM
Daddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the rough
FWIW:
I've read that there is a second way for an 'emergency' opening of a stuck bootlid. That would envolve gaining entry by taking one (I dont knwo which) rear ligth by means of a suction cup.
Might be worth looking into on the Net
grtz,
christian