Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

large amount of water

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 03:08 PM
rojolo is on a distinguished road
large amount of water

here's a quick one.

Just finished washing the Bentley for the first time. I opened the trunk and a deluge of water came from under the spoiler into the trunk. I can't imagine this to be normal and fear a plugged drain.

Has this happened to anyone else.

Cheers

Old 04-08-2014, 04:18 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
There are two drain holes on the bottom lip of the trunk lid. Odds are they are clogged. Compressed air or other careful methods should fix things.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Thank you.

I shall give them a puff of compressed air.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:42 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Forgot to add, raise the Aero as odds are some gunk will need to be cleaned straight away afterwards. You'll see the upper drain holes there.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 04-08-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:23 AM
Digger11 is on a distinguished road
Same problem here. Told dealer and he said he unblocked the drains but no change. I just dont open the boot after washing.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:00 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
If you can't get it resolved then just buy the convertible. No spoiler.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:18 AM
DrD don't be cruel. :-> Not everyone wants a drop top... at least not initially

Digger, please ensure they are clean as water buildup is never a good thing. During normal factory annual service the technician cleans all these water pathways. The doors have them and there is one next to the gas cap.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:57 PM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
enjoy the music, i have found the drain holes for the aero foil and the gas cap. i can not find drain hole(s) for doors. can you advise me where to look. thanks

Old 04-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Hmm... Not sure but heard there are some. Perhaps Bentleytech can help?

Old 04-10-2014, 05:45 PM
gurdas is on a distinguished road
I find this such an annoying problem! Can anyone post pics of the drain holes for the boot and petrol cap?

Old 04-12-2014, 10:32 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Here you go gurdas;
The holes in the boot are what I presume are the drains as I can't see any other place where they might be.
The filler recess is simple. I used compressed air on mine once and it has been fine ever since.

Les.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140412_181304.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	358973   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140412_181602.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	3.59 MB
ID:	358974   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140412_181614.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	358975  
Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Dealership found one of the drain holes plugged and the other one disconnected.

all is well

Old 05-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Glad she's all sorted out.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:24 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
For to filler cap drain, I squirted some WD40 down there after clearing it out. I figured it had to help.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:08 AM
will_wonka is on a distinguished road
Having raced to the local garage to blow her through, boot holes - nothing came out whatsoever.

It was a hell of a force too.

I'm getting the bucket of water episode when car is washed or it rains 😏 I can see where you blow up, that's done but just where exactly are the inlet or outlets at the other end??

Why oh why did they make it so difficult 😡😡

Thx.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: large amount of water