Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Active Aero Warning Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Tintin is on a distinguished road
Active Aero Warning Light

Hello everyone

Its always the way, I was commenting to a friend only the other day how since my Bentley went in for a service by Bentley Leicester (who were brilliant) my CGT has run faultlessly, and then the Active Aero warning light blinked on!

It lights up every time I drive the car. Can anyone let me know what could potentially cause this and if there are any checks I could do to try and narrow down the fault please. Fortunately it's not causing me any bother but I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:12 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, you might want to read this thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lfunction.html

Old 07-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Hello Steven

That's interesting, thanks for the suggestion. My spoiler is retracted and pressing the 'raise' button on the centre console does nothing. I'll send a small boy (Son) to the back of the car to listen for a motor running. Or not!

Old 07-03-2014, 07:08 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
what happens is the cable in for the rear spoiler comes apart and needs reconnecting, sometimes even a new cable may be required, if you are handy take the trunk/boot panel down and take a look at the channeling for the spoiler, be careful when you take the panel down the clips like to come away from the boot panel.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:33 AM
Hello BentleyTech

Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look in the boot and see if it looks straight forward to remove the panel to access the cables. Does anyone have a workshop manual with the procedure detailed?

Old 07-04-2014, 06:13 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
look in the trunk and its a couple of torn screws for the handle and couple of screws where the rubber stoppers are ,i have the manual on a cd if you get desperate, once screws are out use a long pry bar and carefully lift the carpet pad you will start to see the clips and you will then see what i mean about them coming away from boot pad.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:31 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
I disabled mine and I haven't looked back