Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Made the decision to buy one!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 09:48 AM
rsprance is on a distinguished road
Made the decision to buy one!

Hello - This past week I made the decision to purchase a Bentley Continental GT. Now I just need to find the car. I am looking to spend a max of $70K but would like to stay in the $65K range if possible. Ideally I would like a Blue exterior with saddle interior. Under 50K miles would be preferred.

Any idea where I can find this car in NJ? I am trading in a 2009 Audi A5 3.2 so it would need to be a dealer that could work with me on this. I have financing and cash lined up so I am ready to pull the trigger and I am not against driving 500 miles or more for the right car.

Can anyone help suggest a person or place?

Thank you.
Ryan

Old 12-13-2014, 07:31 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Check online dealers' websites and\or call them. You seem to have a specific color combo in mind so it might take time to find one. Just be sure it has been properly serviced and check for known problems (see search engine as there are threads accordingly).

Old 12-16-2014, 11:20 AM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
Yepp try cargurus.com or carsforsale.com. These sites will let you put in your zip code and distance range. Good luck.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Try looking at autotrader.com
That is where I found our Bentley

Old 12-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Arachnophobia will become famous soon enoughArachnophobia will become famous soon enough
Probably the best advice is History, History, History. If the dealer does not have it just do what I did is use the CarFax to call the dealers in the areas yourself. I have found the only cheap fix on a Bentley is the key fob battery. Best of luck to you and they are wonderful cars.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
How is the search going?

Old 01-12-2015, 07:33 PM
rsprance is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up New GT

Thank you for asking. I purchased a 2007 Bentley Continental GT Mulliner in Dark Sapphire with Magnolia and blue interior. It had 21,800 miles and I got it from a Bentley dealer in Edison NJ.

I took delivery on Christmas Eve and have been loving it. it inspired me to make some major changes in my garage. I dumped all my garage and things I have been holding on to for years. This week I am having a heater installed and will add a commercial tile floor next month or in March.

My biggest problem is the lack of bluetooth support for the iPhone 6 and streaming music. I am looking into the Neo Car Audio solution however I have been unable to get anyone on the phone to answer some questions.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by rsprance
Thank you for asking. . it inspired me to make some major changes in my garage. I dumped all my garage and things I have been holding on to for years. This week I am having a heater installed and will add a commercial tile floor next month or in March.

My biggest problem is the lack of bluetooth support for the iPhone 6 and streaming music. I am looking into the Neo Car Audio solution however I have been unable to get anyone on the phone to answer some questions.

I hear you about the garage. My third stall used to be a woodworking shop and now it is an epoxy covered showroom.

I think even the new GT's are behind the cutting edge for electronic technology.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:24 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
The Neo seems to be the same as the Dice MediaBridge, which is available at: Amazon at

Amazon.com : Audiovox AMBR-1503-AVW - MediaBridge with Bluetooth for AUDI and Volkswagen : Vehicle Wireless Audio Cell Phone Car Kits : Electronics Amazon.com : Audiovox AMBR-1503-AVW - MediaBridge with Bluetooth for AUDI and Volkswagen : Vehicle Wireless Audio Cell Phone Car Kits : Electronics

PS: What questions do you have as am VERY familiar with all three solutions to 'hack' into the stock Bentley system (first Dice basic unit, then the Dice Media Bridge and of course the official Bentley version).

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-13-2015 at 01:22 PM.