Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

First few days with my CGTC. Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 07:02 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by glh
Not to sure about the elevation change in that statement however!

I thought the same thing but just did not mention it. For us guys that are biased it would be, move UP to Bentley.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:11 AM
santklein is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I thought the same thing but just did not mention it. For us guys that are biased it would be, move UP to Bentley.
Yep. Read the wrong way. I was saying from a 2013 to a 2008. It is definitely a step up (way up) and I could not be happier.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:15 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by santklein
Yep. Read the wrong way. I was saying from a 2013 to a 2008. It is definitely a step up (way up) and I could not be happier.
That makes sense. I do hate to go back in year models but at the price of these things that might be something that some of us just have to do. I am not ashamed to say that I do not have more money than I can possibly spend.

I do like the new Maserati Gran Sports. They sound like sex on four wheels and look it to.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:19 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
...I do like the new Maserati Gran Sports. They sound like sex on four wheels and look it to.
I'll take VW/Audi Engineering over Fiat everyday and twice on Sunday!

Old 01-14-2015, 06:20 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Great clarification and wiggling out of that!!!

Lawyer, Are you?

Old 01-15-2015, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by glh
Great clarification and wiggling out of that!!!

Lawyer, Are you?
Nope. Just married for 20 years and highly experienced in the fine art of climbing out from the holes I dig myself in on a regular basis

Old 01-15-2015, 07:24 AM
Nope. Just married for 20 years and highly experienced in the fine art of climbing out from the holes I dig myself in on a regular basis
Do you give lessons? I've been married for longer than that but still live subterranean.

Fiat???? I was told that the Masser's were entry level Ferarri's. My wife is wanting the new Quatraporte.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:32 AM
Do you give lessons? I've been married for longer than that but still live subterranean.

Fiat???? I was told that the Masser's were entry level Ferarri's. My wife is wanting the new Quatraporte.
Maseratis Gran Turismo are great cars with fine Ferrari sourced engines. I had two and never had a problem with them, even though you cannot compare the built quality to a B or any other German counterpart.

Quatroporte and Ghibly are, in my humble opinion, another story. They lack the character of the Granturismo and have too many Chrysler sourced parts (which may not be a bad hing).

They are great cars, but have one fatal flaw.... They are not British!

Old 01-15-2015, 08:46 AM
Maseratis Gran Turismo are great cars with fine Ferrari sourced engines. I had two and never had a problem with them, even though you cannot compare the built quality to a B or any other German counterpart.

Quatroporte and Ghibly are, in my humble opinion, another story. They lack the character of the Granturismo and have too many Chrysler sourced parts (which may not be a bad hing).

They are great cars, but have one fatal flaw.... They are not British!
I hear you and I am not really bothered by all that, after it is the wife's car. She is only interested in the six cylinder motor and I get to save a few dollars. I liked the Jaguar XJL that we test drove on the same day if you are choosing a four door saloon. She thought it lacked visual appeal and was a bit to large. She has a Audi A7 now but likes a new car every three years or so.

If it was me getting the dream four door I'd go all out with a RR but the pocket book can't stand it. SOB just sent the IRS their quarterly extortion fee.