Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

First few days with my CGTC. Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 05:21 AM
santklein is on a distinguished road
First few days with my CGTC. Impressions

Hi All,

This week I took delivery of my first CGTC. It is a 2008 with 20,000 miles that looks like new.

I was hesitant to go to an "old" car but wanted to own one that would not depreciate much for a couple of months and if I liked it maybe get more serious and go for a pre-owned 2012. I know... New body, different drive, different technology etc.

Came down from a Maserati granturismo s ( which is also a GT) and was a bit concerned about the potential lack of sportiness of the bentley but I do have a California for weekend fun, so that is covered.

So... My first impressions are..... Wow!!!!!!!!! I have put in it in 4 days 500 miles. Cannot stop driving this thing. What have I been thinking of, driving masers and porsches most of my adult life???

Not sure where I will go from here. I LOVE this big luxurious beast. Will keep driving it for the first half of this coming year but am seriously thinking I will be upgrading soon.

I am in trouble.....

BTW. Great forum and great information. Thanks to all.

Regards

S

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	410244  
Old 12-21-2014, 08:10 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Santklein, welcome to our board and wholeheartedly agree with your impressions. Enjoy the drive.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:52 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car. I was looking at a Bentley as well before purchasing my current car.

I really like the interior and overall luxury appeal of the car. I think it will be my next purchase one day in the future.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I was not prepared for what GTC really was. I thought old geezer glide, next stop coffin, but these things really perform. And when you don't need to race around the town showing how tough you are they lay back and cruise like the big mac daddy pieces of art that they are.

Welcome to the top of the food chain of GT motoring.

BTW my wife is eying the Maserati QP but liked the Gran Sport of course. I could not see trading my 07 GTC for a new Maser. Oh and if you need more sound or power just call Fabspeed for pipes and a tune, I did.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Dr. Disaster,

I agree with you about the qualities of this car. I have been steadily raising the bar over the years on my daily drive (always had weekend toys). My problem now is,as a DD, where will I go from here???

Perhaps a spaceship in a few years?

Last edited by santklein; 12-23-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Santklein, welcome to our board and wholeheartedly agree with your impressions. Enjoy the drive.
Many thanks for your reply. I look forward to participating, learning and hopefully adding some value to the forum.

I enjoyed and learned a lot in Maseratilife and am sure this will be the case here as well

Regards

Old 12-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Beautiful car. I was looking at a Bentley as well before purchasing my current car.

I really like the interior and overall luxury appeal of the car. I think it will be my next purchase one day in the future.
Hope you find a good one when the time is right. Had a 991 before this and a Maserati as well, both as daily drivers. Make sure you extensively test drive the bentley before taking the step towards it, as it is an amazing but completely different kind of car.

Good luck with your hunting!

Old 12-23-2014, 08:47 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Welcome to the B ownership. I had the pleasure of driving a members CGT for a week and absolutely loved it. Went from a Maser also to a E63 AMG w211 though. I don't like the new bodies. However the CGT reminded me of the ride in a 7 series (weight and smoothness) but for sure a luxurious feel. The power and suspension dampening obviously changed the characteristics and did change the whole feel of the car. Did I say I really liked it. Mentioned to the Dr. my next will either be a Cgt 04-06 or a 06-08 DB9. Always wanted a AM so probably will go with that, but you made a wonderful purchase for a DD. Why not keep the 08 for a bit. As with most exotics year of car makes no difference except to the owner and options, body styles. Welcome to the forum

Old 01-06-2015, 10:37 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by santklein
Dr. Disaster,

My problem now is,as a DD, where will I go from here???

Perhaps a spaceship in a few years?
I know how you feel. I started a thread about this some time ago.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hlight=bentley

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 01-06-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:33 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Funny, as wife and I were in NYC last year and met wonderful this couple while we were dining. After the usual chit-chat we realized we were both B drivers. The other gentleman's wife said "Where can you go after driving a B..."? My wife immediately exclaimed, "That is exactly what Steven (me) says!"

For lux TRUE grand touring, I see nothing else in the marketplace that can compete for those of younger heart/mind. A Roller is still too 'old school' imho for a gentleman of youth, or youth-minded.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Funny, as wife and I were in NYC last year and met wonderful this couple while we were dining. After the usual chit-chat we realized we were both B drivers. The other gentleman's wife said "Where can you go after driving a B..."? My wife immediately exclaimed, "That is exactly what Steven (me) says!"

For lux TRUE grand touring, I see nothing else in the marketplace that can compete for those of younger heart/mind. A Roller is still too 'old school' imho for a gentleman of youth, or youth-minded.
If you were just a little younger you'd have the Aston DBS.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:29 PM
My ex has the Aston (seriously). I'd rather have comfort than faux sporty.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:31 AM
My ex has the Aston (seriously). I'd rather have comfort than faux sporty.
Very sorry to hear that. Since I have the GTC and not the DBS it appears that I agree with you but I still admire the Aston, just mot as much as the B.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:59 PM
It's all good. She paid for the Aston. In fact she (at the time) was probably 4x better off than I. Dr. D, life aint too shabby when an alluring and distinguished hot blonde chooses you as her arm candy

Like you said, the B over the AM.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:03 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by santklein
"...Came down from a Maserati granturismo s..."
Welcome to the B club.

Not to sure about the elevation change in that statement however!

I've had mine since September and of all the toys I've had in the last 30 years it's close to my favorite...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 4.54.37 PM.png
Views:	116
Size:	463.2 KB
ID:	411889  

Last edited by glh; 01-13-2015 at 02:57 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First few days with my CGTC. Impressions