Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Infotainment Dial failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 08:05 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Getting at the head isn't too big a deal as long as you are careful with the leather on the dash. If you need instructions, PM me.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:30 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
...Hello...I post this at risk of offending a few of our friends...could you please advise us what was the resolution to your issue with the Info Dial...thank you in advance...JimB

Old 04-17-2017, 07:31 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
If you can find a damaged head unit you can swap out the dial mechanism pretty easily. I ended up installing a whole new infotainment unit instead since I found one at a good price.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:47 AM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pwc6t3
The V202 is a useful tool but not exactly user friendly! You have to scan each control module individually for codes. So far I haven't found any codes/errors related to navigation/radio/entertainment center. I probably need to invest in a better scan tool. 8k for a replacement unit is crazy! I might have to live without being able to adjust some features on the car at that price. I wonder if I could pull the existing unit out, and make sure all the connections are clean and solid.
Hello Paul.

I read some where in past forms your issue researching my issue. Have you tried to do what I call a hard reset pushing on the reset button and holding it in until the screen returns. This works for my intermittent blank screen issue. Just pushing once does not work for my condition. I also saw on eBay an info center with a spare electric drive motor and the seller stated that the replacement motor is easily installed by DIY. Possibly your electric drive motor has some issues. If you consider this method there has been some cheap units on eBay (Parts only) to pull the electric motors for replacement. The complete heads are not interchangeable without addition programing, however the motors should be the same. You might talk with your local Bentley Dealer Shop Foreman. I'm sure you are not the first with this issue. There are YouTube videos showing the removal of the info center.

Lots of luck
Ron 2008 GT Speed

Old 04-18-2017, 09:57 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
Hi Ron, This is an old thread, I took care of the issue a couple years ago but thanks for the help. The reset button didn't fix the issue as it turned out it was that servo motor behind the dial that had failed. Eventually I bought another head unit and swapped the whole thing out. No programming was necessary. Having taken those infotainment units out a number of times trying to fix the issue, I now have it down to about a 10 minute procedure, remove and install.
I got a fully functioning used unit for 600 bucks. There are some brand new ones for around 2000. No way I would pay factory prices of 8000.
If you aren't worried about warranty, taking them all apart to remove and replace parts isn't all that difficult.
When you remove the unit there is one fuse on the back, maybe yours is blown?
Paul

Old 04-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pwc6t3
Hi Ron, This is an old thread, I took care of the issue a couple years ago but thanks for the help. The reset button didn't fix the issue as it turned out it was that servo motor behind the dial that had failed. Eventually I bought another head unit and swapped the whole thing out. No programming was necessary. Having taken those infotainment units out a number of times trying to fix the issue, I now have it down to about a 10 minute procedure, remove and install.
I got a fully functioning used unit for 600 bucks. There are some brand new ones for around 2000. No way I would pay factory prices of 8000.
If you aren't worried about warranty, taking them all apart to remove and replace parts isn't all that difficult.
When you remove the unit there is one fuse on the back, maybe yours is blown?
Paul
Thanks for the hindsight!!! LOL. I was not smart enough to read the post date. Well it is great to hear you fixed the problem over 2 years ago. Thank for the post. I will check the fuse on my info unit as you mentioned. My Navigation states optic cable disconnect when I attempt to load the maps. The disc spins up as though it is loading and then the Optic message appears. Possibly when a new after market Alpine Stereo was installed. Check with a Bentley Dealer and was advised the info head could be blanking because of the optic problem. I have been too lazy to check it out.

Thanks
Ron
Ron