Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Pain And Pleasure: Bentley GT / GTC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 11:38 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
I believe that their reliability problems comes with the fact that they are very ''complex'' cars.
if you look at it, a very few had a problem with the engine or the gear box (well, except Les who must drive that poor machine like a....ExSf!!)

most of the problems are originated from the sophistication of all the ''accessories'' and these are not to be found in more simple machines.

the design of the car is also a problem, who has ever seen their engine and gear box to be taken out for replacing a 10€ air line made...in plastic!
or their front bumper taken out to replace a headlight lamp!

regarding the maintenance costs, I think they come with the territory and I am neither surprised nor shocked.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I have been off line for a few days and this is what i miss. Steven you go ahead and get that Wraith if that is what makes you happy, you are plenty old enough. Your wife on the other hand is waaaaayyyyy young and her tastes are in that way. Why pick you????????$$$$$$$$LOL

The Lotus Elise???? That is a toy to small to dignifiedly get in and out of. I can just see you in a few years rolling and falling out of that thing and using the cane to pick yourself back up. For Gods sake how could you even theoretically choose between a Wraith and an Elise. Gee honey should I buy a yacht or a canoe?

BTW What is the replacement cost on that umbrella that they show in even commercial?

Old 05-26-2015, 06:02 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wife took this pic today. Another show, me and yet another car. And no, not interested in it due to parent company. We're still talking Rolls and Lotus

Did stop by the Tesla showroom here in SoCal this afternoon. Wow, they REALLY have a great modern display/dash setup. Especially for a mere $85k-ish pricing. Of course the way I drive would be lucky to get 65 miles per charge LOL! Still, those Tesla cars are pretty slick.

Attached Images  

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 05-27-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:07 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I hope you get the RR. See the PM for the "special" incentive.

Would hate to not have you on the Bentley forum.

The pleasure is the viewing and driving the pain the paying.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 05-28-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:59 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Thx Dr. D for the PM

My wife came up with a brilliant plan. Just knew I kept her around for *some* reason

She said trade the GTC for a Ford F150, a Lotus Elise and get a Featherlite open trailer. Do miss having a big **** truck to mud bog, off-trail, winter driving, etc plus it could haul the Lotus to/from the racetrack and use the Lotus for a fun street legal drive car. The Wraith can be the next lux car when the time comes. Not 100% sure i'll go this way, yet she did come up with a truly brilliant idea.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 05-30-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:04 AM
If you think it is brilliant then it is.