Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Jack mode warning label.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 11:24 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Jack mode warning label.

Bearing in mind the importance of setting the jacking mode, you would think that there would be a warning label on top of the spare wheel/tools.
It doesn't appear that Bentley do this, so, I thought I would make my own.
I have placed it on top of the tools above the spare and it's A4 size so can't be missed.

Apologies for the poor picture quality.<br/><br/>Les.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:00 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Great idea!

Old 07-14-2015, 12:36 AM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Good military organisation Les!
you being often in France you should do one page in French....just in case.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:22 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Haha. You think I would trust them with a Bentley?

Old 07-16-2015, 10:17 AM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Hell, no.
but if you have a punctured tire in your French house, what then....
you have 3 Bentley dealers in France, Paris, Lyon and Cannes/Monaco. a bit far from your place isn't.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:09 AM
Hi Ulstrup.

Yes, they are a long way from the Mayenne. Luckily, I am a bit handy mechanically, so wouldn't be too fazed with a puncture unless it was near Calais. I would probably end up with a boot full of illegal's trying to get to the UK.

Actually, I did have a puncture in France last year. I bought a new tyre on the internet from 'Allo Pneus' and had it delivered to the house. It took two days. A local garage swapped the tyres and balanced the wheel for 15 Euro's.

I also had 'Allo Pneus' mobile van visit our house to fit 4 new tyres to her ladyships Volvo. Their prices are really good. Didn't leave a mark on her new alloys either.
Well worth bearing in mind!

Les.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:44 AM
dskippy888 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went in for an annual government inspection and forgot to enable jack mode before handing my GT to them. They jacked it up and I’m very paranoid that there’s damage. I know they jacked it up because when it came back to me the front was sitting extremely low with the wheels tucked into the fenders.

What are the chances of ruining 2 year old shocks that have done around 10,000kms on them? Since the encounter, I do notice that if I park my car for 1 night or even as long as 3 weeks it does sink about half and inch to an inch. But nothing ever beyond that. Is it normal?

Old 01-13-2020, 06:36 PM
Rottboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks ExSF. Great suggestion to prevent air bag damage, which I will get done this weekend. Another tip learned from a fellow forum member. As I get to know more about my CFSpur, hoping I can contribute back in the future.