Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

CGT Front Grill Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 11:18 AM
Tintin is on a distinguished road
CGT Front Grill Replacement

Hello all

Driving home last night a rabbit made the wrong decision and having ran across the road in front of me decided, at the last minute, to turn around and try his luck again. Unfortunately he hopped directly into my grill and subsequently bounced off it into the side of the road.

My grill now has a large rabbit sized hole in it but at least the radiator was saved so I guess it did its job.

Does anyone know if I could remove the broken grill out through the front of the car and then fit a new one by offering it in through the aperture and pulling it into position from the front. I'm guessing, like so many tasks, it's a 'bumper off' job.

Thanks

Chris

Old 11-14-2015, 05:05 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
All grills are easy to replace without bumper removal.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:34 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
The lower grilles simply pull out, although the right hand one has one small screw holding it in place too. 2 minute job at most.

Les.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:05 AM
Tjfls4 is on a distinguished road
Which grille is it? Ive done a few of these myself. the bumper grilles are easy. The grille on the hood howerver is a bit of a lengty job. BTW I have a 3pc set of bumper grilles if you need them. 05 oem black.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

It's the large bonnet grill (the rabbit must have jumped high) which needs replacing. Thanks for the offer of the grills Tjfls4 but my grill is chrome.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:53 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
That's bad news Chris.

At least it's not a bumper off job.
You will probably find a replacement on Ebay. There are definitely some being broken for parts.

Good luck.

Les.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm going to claim on my insurance in the end. No surprise that a Bentley chromed plastic grille and surround is £1000! Incredible.