Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley CGT & U.K 2 door double garage & used CGT experiences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 12:52 PM
supersupercars is on a distinguished road
Bentley CGT & U.K 2 door double garage & used CGT experiences

Hi All,

I am considering either a £30k C GT or maybe upto £50k on a 2008 GT Speed.

First, will it get into my 2 door double garage in the U.K?
I am going to move so don't wish to change the garage.
I used to get my 996 in with the mirrors in usual position.
My cayenne would not get in, indicators stick out at the front.

so anyone have any experience getting a C GT in a 2 door double garage in the U.K?
2 single door double garage built 2007, bricks in the middle, up and over doors. good space inside!

Next i would like to know about peoples experiences buying a used C GT in the U.K. Seems like a bit of a nightmare reading some threads.

Now i'm not sure and considering sticking to porsche. The C GT is a beautiful car which is well specced.
a lot of car and engine for £30k - £50k and 4 wheel drive so i can use it in winter!

In my experience porsche have been reliable and not too expensive for normal wear and tear.

some people have said the sat nav is bad, why? Is it that bad? I know older car sat nav's can be bad, so is this one that bad? What is the postcode search? Full?

i'm not looking at a convertible.

Any items i should check? i will make a checklist unless there is a thread here?

thanks

Rob

Old 11-17-2015, 03:04 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
There is a great UK-based board at http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/f...=0&f=162&mid=0

Yes the Bentley cars are horrific with 'reliability'. Yes you can use it in the winter with proper tyres. The NAV is just prehistoric rubbish as compared to using Google Maps app.

Any items i should check? i will make a checklist unless there is a thread here?

Too many to list here. Are you really sure you want a Bentley? If so, make sure you have an extra £5000 over the initial purchase price for that first problem as a 'just in case' fund. There is a common sense reason why they are selling at such low value. THINK before you buy is my best advice. And no matter what the service book or dealer says, believe me many of us have had expensive problems only a few months into ownership.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 11-18-2015 at 06:56 AM.